I just got this Cham not to long ago but I was wondering if it was a male or female here are some pics

LandonD23

758FD0E9-2FCD-4937-8611-81596471E410.jpeg
2E2E2B8A-58EC-409C-9D1E-79CEFDFB59B8.jpeg

He’s mad at me taking all these pics but yeah sure he’s in a weird spot right now so sorry if it’s not the best
image.jpg
image.jpg

It’s hard to tell without good pictures, but your Cham looks dehydrated IMO. Please fill out this help form to make sure your husbandry is correct.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

What should I do I don’t know if it’s because he is knew and scared because he isn’t eating either

He’s mad at me taking all these pics but yeah sure he’s in a weird spot right now so sorry if it’s not the bestView attachment 261683View attachment 261684
Still hard to tell, but I dont see a spur on the back feet so possibly female. Dont stress him/her trying to get more pics, but if possible try to take a picture from the backside so we can see the full pad.
A9CD8409-D572-486B-8A91-0F324246C359.jpeg

if youd rather compare, here is an example of the spurs you’ll be looking for

I really think that it would be of huge benefit to both you and your chameleon to answer the questions that @The Wild One posted. I can see some problems with your husbandry just from the pics. Let’s make sure that you and your cham have many happy and healthy years together. :)

In your other thread, you asked its sex and were told to look for spurs and again in this thread you were told to look for them. You said you don't see any...so if it's a female you will, in a few months need to put an egg laying bin in the cage and leave it there because female veiled chameleons can lay eggs without having mated. If you don't provide a bin there's a very high chance that she will die eggbound.if you overfeed her once she's becoming mature she will likely produce a big clutch, might develop MBD and might become eggbound.

You said..."What should I do I don’t know if it’s because he is knew and scared because he isn’t eating either"...is it pooping? If it's pooping it's eating. (The white part is urates in case you don't know...the brown part is poop of course.) Are the insects the proper size? Not too big for it?

Are you dusting the insects just before you feed them to the chameleon? Are you feeding the insects properly? Do you have a proper UVB light and proper basking temperature?

You said..."He hasn’t been drinking as much as I try"... @cleothechameleon told you to mist and set up a dripper...did you do that?

Increase misting (without exceeding humidity of 60%, 70% at the most) and focus on leaves and its body. Invest in a dripper if you haven’t yet, and the drinking glass method could he useful if the cham takes to it :)
60-70% is to humid for day time for veileds. They need humidity of 30-50% anything higher then that is asking for a RI. At night you want to get the cage to 100%

60-70% is to humid for day time for veileds. They need humidity of 30-50% anything higher then that is asking for a RI. At night you want to get the cage to 100%
Really? I was told 50-60% daytime and 70% at night by some redditors, but I can easily change my misting to lower it :)

@cleothechameleon Reddit isn't a great place to get information on chameleons. Your daytime humidity should hover around 30-40%, though after misting it can spike to 50. At night 80-100%.

Really? I was told 50-60% daytime and 70% at night by some redditors, but I can easily change my misting to lower it :)
That’s more for panther chameleons. I have three different species of chameleons all three have different humidity requirements. The veileds are more on the dry side.

No disrespect, but I really think there is no such thing as too humid, just too little ventilation. Veileds are thriving in florida, my chams thrive here outside. Humidity is nearly 100% everyday. The difference is there is constant air exchange outside.

Back
Top Bottom