I have too many animals

So there’s all these people with around 10 to about a billion animals, then there’s me:
No, read them all. At our stage in life, we're down to 1 dog, 1 beardie, and 1 'meleon, but soon to add a western Hermann's tortoise (4-5" when full grown).

But we're retired, and are checking off our bucket lists. In younger days, we were away from home too much. Get me back 10 years, and I'll buy you ten reptiles. :LOL:

You’re making me miss the turtles I briefly cared for last year. Stepdaughter rescued them from someone who had picked them up outside and was keeping them under extremely poor conditions...a dirty salad or punch bowl, no heat/lights or anything. I believe one was a red eared slider and the other a river cooter. They grew so big so fast and were rapidly exceeding my ability to properly provide adequate space for them. Fortunately I found this amazing woman who rescues turtles, tortoises and a host of other critters. Released them into her massive pond where I hope they are living happy turtle lives.
I was particularly fond of this sweet little guy.
226DD4CD-8720-4142-86B5-6862768F9834.jpeg

You’re making me miss the turtles I briefly cared for last year. Stepdaughter rescued them from someone who had picked them up outside and was keeping them under extremely poor conditions...a dirty salad or punch bowl, no heat/lights or anything. I believe one was a red eared slider and the other a river cooter. They grew so big so fast and were rapidly exceeding my ability to properly provide adequate space for them. Fortunately I found this amazing woman who rescues turtles, tortoises and a host of other critters. Released them into her massive pond where I hope they are living happy turtle lives.
I was particularly fond of this sweet little guy.
View attachment 296035
Aww he’s so cute! We used to have a turtle a long time ago and one time my little brother without asking or telling anybody, took him out of the turtle tank and brought him outside to swim in our pool. So my little brother and the turtle were swimming in the pool by themselves, until my mom called my brother in for lunch, not knowing that the turtle was in there. Well, my brother raced inside the house, forgetting about the turtle, and about an hour later he remembered about the turtle. So me and some of my other siblings ran outside looking for the turtle in the pool, but the turtle somehow got out of the pool and simply walked away, and we never saw him again. We were all so mad at my little brother for taking the turtle out of his tank without asking but eventually we got over it. But to this day I still miss that little turtle.

Yeah that’s true, if only I was related to Bill Gates, maybe he could help me out haha!
That would not work since the extra cash would go to different animal adventures.. Give me 1 million bucks, I will now have polar bears.

Also, time machine would not work.... Animals are changing so fast I would go 20 years into the future and see what they have.
Example: Parsons were 50 buck, Leopard geckos had no morphs, many chameleons can't even be purchased anymore.
So- I would first, stay the same AGE then go into the future. (y)

No, read them all. At our stage in life, we're down to 1 dog, 1 beardie, and 1 'meleon, but soon to add a western Hermann's tortoise (4-5" when full grown).

But we're retired, and are checking off our bucket lists. In younger days, we were away from home too much. Get me back 10 years, and I'll buy you ten reptiles. :LOL:
I know this feeling. Not quite retired yet but stable. For many years Kids were my pets lol. Humans take so much to raise I was unable to add anything else to my collection. 😅

That would not work since the extra cash would go to different animal adventures.. Give me 1 million bucks, I will now have polar bears.

Also, time machine would not work.... Animals are changing so fast I would go 20 years into the future and see what they have.
Example: Parsons were 50 buck, Leopard geckos had no morphs, many chameleons can't even be purchased anymore.
So- I would first, stay the same AGE then go into the future. (y)
yeah that's true, if I had millions of dollars, I would probably own a zoo!

Now that I think about it I would do the same thing you suggested, and if I invent a time machine, I will bring you with me since you had the idea;)

Back
Top Bottom