I have too many animals

Hogs come in way to many morphs.. Reason can't do it during my down sizing.. OMG! re-thinking my plans now.. Why? You guys are killing me with African snails, hognose, leopard geckos. ( i can hid them from the wife) hee hee hee :ROFLMAO: (y) NOT!!!!

These are not mine--- googled image

Attachments

• hog.jpg
    hog.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 88
  • hog 2.jpg
    hog 2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 83
  • hog 3.jpg
    hog 3.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 80
  • hog 4.jpg
    hog 4.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hogs come in way to many morphs.. Reason can't do it during my down sizing.. OMG! re-thinking my plans now.. Why? You guys are killing me with African snails, hognose, leopard geckos. ( i can hid them from the wife) hee hee hee :ROFLMAO: (y) NOT!!!!
Do you have all of those?

Opp!!! No, just found them on the net.. My friends (these are not from them) breed them and I know of the different kinds.. I am partial to the anaconda phase (pattern).

Attachments

• hog 5.jpg
    hog 5.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 74
This is Penne, Sketti, and Ramen :) I treated a female for being egg bound (ended up needing to surgically remove two eggs) and I just fell in love with the species! Penne and Sketti are siblings and they’re all still babies but growing quick and I just love them!
I have been thinking of hog nosed, but I am afraid of them being picky eaters. I know in the wild they are toad eaters. Do they take to mice well ?

The ones bred now are on pinky mice (back in the day they were hard to keep and had to trick them with frog or toad sent on pinkies and small mice. Times have changed. :) .. Just have to make sure it is captive bred. I am looking at some (just looking not wanting) and they range from 150 to almost 2000 bucks.. I need that slap of reality every now and then...
Found this one on faunaclassifieds for 1,950.00 shipped. Beautiful but I like $$$$$ too. (y)

Attachments

• hog 6.jpg
    hog 6.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Actually, nowadays the toad/frog scent isn't used. Many of the breeders have to start with parts of a pinky since babies are small (yes, parts).

I have been thinking of hog nosed, but I am afraid of them being picky eaters. I know in the wild they are toad eaters. Do they take to mice well ?
Captive bred ones are started on mice so that’s no problem but they still can be picky. My littlest male didn’t eat for 7 months! Didn’t lose weight so just waited him out for a while. Eventually used toad scent on his pinkies to get him eating then he hasn’t stopped since.

And if you get bitten there are no fangs of venom in the biting process? No reaction?

They have a mild venom that can be very irritating to some people. They have rear fangs so to envenomate you they kind of need to chew on you. Luckily I don’t have any reaction to it but some people get swollen fingers because of it if they get bitten.

They have a mild venom that can be very irritating to some people. They have rear fangs so to envenomate you they kind of need to chew on you. Luckily I don’t have any reaction to it but some people get swollen fingers because of it if they get bitten.
Interesting to hear first hand about the venom and the bite. Thanks!

They’re pretty derpy too. These aren’t my snakes but this is classic for them! They try to eat their food sideways more often than not and get confused easily. My male Sketti the other day missed his pinky and bit himself and it took him longer than it should have to figure that out and try again 😆 And they’ve definitely tried to eat the sides of their dishes before too. I just love them.

Attachments

• F78D5DD3-ED22-474B-A84A-AD9D78356638.jpeg
    F78D5DD3-ED22-474B-A84A-AD9D78356638.jpeg
    813.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 75FCA163-30AA-4204-BAFD-E68C96377D61.jpeg
    75FCA163-30AA-4204-BAFD-E68C96377D61.jpeg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 81
I wonder if the venom has anything to do with the toxic glands toads have. Since humans have changed there diet.

So this is Mama turtle trying to prevent me from going inside. She is so needy during her egg laying period which last about 2 weeks. The mat goes into the condo and she just waits/bugs me (not really)/ hits the little pond for water and starts all over again..

Attachments

• PXL_20210518_161816291.jpg
    PXL_20210518_161816291.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom