I have too many animals

JMHO- Definitely do research for frogs, since the majority need special requirements. Dinomom has some awesome Waxy's which are in a category of their own with special needs but are wonderful if your into display animals.
Toads seem to be more social and personal which is the reason I have my Yellow Spotted Climbing Toads.. These were born last year and are almost full grown.
I am not into the breeding side of the hobby and was lucky to get 2 pair when they were babies. Females are cool to look at with aqua color and yellow spots while the male has a funny quacking croak. The males will croak when people talk so it is like having a conversation.

Example:
Frog: Quack quack quack.
Human: What are you guys doing in there?.
Frog: Quack, quack quack quack.
Human Quack quack quack quack.

This will go on all parts of the day. Maybe they think they are teaching us to communicate.. Duh!!!!!
Not planning on giving them the conditions to lay eggs but will let them be toads.
Current pics- Exo-terra 18x18x24 Seems to be a good size.
If you look under the 2 playing piggy back their is a dark crack / crevice the second male is in there hiding. This was made from, foam, silicone, coconut fiber, 1" aquarium tubing, fake and live plants. There is a heat pad under the water to create the perfect humidity and temps.

Attachments

• PXL_20210426_180303639.jpg
    PXL_20210426_180303639.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20210426_180330889.jpg
    PXL_20210426_180330889.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20210501_042731994.jpg
    PXL_20210501_042731994.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20210501_042702347.jpg
    PXL_20210501_042702347.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I'm in a small apartment, and I feel you.
I was breeding Leopard Geckos and Crested Geckos and had 26 total geckos
not including my trio of gold dust gecko
1 central american banded gecko
3 Bearded Dragons
5 snakes
2 guinea pigs
2 tarantulas
2 scorpions
1 tortoise

I decided to halt the breeding till I own my own house.

Now I only have
4 adult crested geckos
8 day to 1.5 month old babie crested geckos (2 just hatched last night)
3 Boa Constrictors
2 Ground Boas (San Isabel)
1 Cornsnake
1 Kingsnake x Cornsnake
1 Baby Ball Python
1 Scorpion
2 Guinea pigs
1 Tortoise

Ohhh and 2 Anoles my snakes didn't eat that have become my homies.

Keeping up with 17 Leopard Geckos was not an easy task
I basically worked my 8 hour shift plus all day at home.

JMHO- Definitely do research for frogs, since the majority need special requirements. Dinomom has some awesome Waxy's which are in a category of their own with special needs but are wonderful if your into display animals.
Toads seem to be more social and personal which is the reason I have my Yellow Spotted Climbing Toads.. These were born last year and are almost full grown.
I am not into the breeding side of the hobby and was lucky to get 2 pair when they were babies. Females are cool to look at with aqua color and yellow spots while the male has a funny quacking croak. The males will croak when people talk so it is like having a conversation.

Example:
Frog: Quack quack quack.
Human: What are you guys doing in there?.
Frog: Quack, quack quack quack.
Human Quack quack quack quack.

This will go on all parts of the day. Maybe they think they are teaching us to communicate.. Duh!!!!!
Not planning on giving them the conditions to lay eggs but will let them be toads.
Current pics- Exo-terra 18x18x24 Seems to be a good size.
If you look under the 2 playing piggy back their is a dark crack / crevice the second male is in there hiding. This was made from, foam, silicone, coconut fiber, 1" aquarium tubing, fake and live plants. There is a heat pad under the water to create the perfect humidity and temps.

I have been afraid to get frogs for a while. I had bad luck years ago. I got these because my son had been running around the show all day talking to people. Apparently he was very interested in these frogs. The owner came over and asked if he was getting one as that is what my son said. My son is 9 by the way. I said yes but just a couple of babies different ones. I only had so much money. He told Cohen to pick what he wanted and it would be the same price. So now I have frogs and a frog expert friend.

CasqueAbove--- That is how it starts.. Being supportive is most important, since I did not have any and it could have had life changing.. Great job! Dart Frogs ha ha ha Good luck keeping that under control. There are so many to choose from and such a variety of colors.
(y)

Thatwizrd420---
WOW! It is in our blood.
My progress in downsizing has been awesome.. I had 4 opportunities to get new animals in the last week. I turned them all down and even turned down some baby praying mantis from Lowe's (already hatched in container) . Last year would have been 100% purchase.
Get this-- The animals were FREE too.. I must be loosing my mind.
Kenyan Sand Boa- White Tree Frogs with exo terra set-up- Giant (or they say) leopard gecko and Spring Peeper Frogs..

Plus gave 6 Veileds away for trade (master chameleon cage project) and 2 panthers that I adopted when breeder had issues. Free to me- free to them. :)
Plus have 43 Veiled eggs that should be hatching next month or so and will be freebies with right set-ups. (My power trip) ha ha

I do have 5 baby red eared slider turtles to give away too. (Amanda) ha ha J/K

Slow exit but so rewarding.

Thanks for sharing your pets...
Short Story:
My son has always been around the animals but few years back ,after leaving the Navy, became an animal trainer through Moorpark College CA. Now he out does me by sharing picture of baby sloths, owls, otters and now working with lemurs and all kinds of critter. He is a big part of Global Conservation and especially fond of saving the rhinos. YOU GO BOY!!!!!
Have a great day all....

Last edited:
Love seeing what else everyone is keeping! Here’s my menagerie :)

2 dogs
2 cats
1 carpet chameleon (sad only having 1 cham but such is life for now)
1 fancy pigeon
1 crested gecko
1 axolotl
3 hognose snakes
1 kingsnake
3 leopard geckos
1 redfoot tortoise
2 sulcatas
7 eastern box turtles
7 three-toed box turtles
8 ornate box turtles
So...40? 😆
All the turtles have names and yes I can recognize them individually instantly ;)

2 dogs
2 cats
1 fancy pigeon
1 crested gecko
1 axolotl
3 hognose snakes
1 kingsnake
3 leopard geckos
1 redfoot tortoise
2 sulcatas
7 eastern box turtles
7 three-toed box turtles
8 ornate box turtles
So...40? 😆
All the turtles have names and yes I can recognize them individually instantly ;)
I love turtles!!!!!
Especially our native box turtle

African Giant Land Snails??????
I had two many years ago but wasn't able to keep them alive for nearly as long as they should have lived. I didn't know much then about snails and they were wild caught so that might have been part of it. They were so interesting to watch though...

2 dogs
2 cats
1 fancy pigeon
1 crested gecko
1 axolotl
3 hognose snakes
1 kingsnake
3 leopard geckos
1 redfoot tortoise
2 sulcatas
7 eastern box turtles
7 three-toed box turtles
8 ornate box turtles
So...40? 😆
Do you have pics of ur hognoses - I’m desperately trying not to get one but wow they’re so beautiful 🥺

Do you have pics of ur hognoses - I’m desperately trying not to get one but wow they’re so beautiful 🥺

This is Penne, Sketti, and Ramen :) I treated a female for being egg bound (ended up needing to surgically remove two eggs) and I just fell in love with the species! Penne and Sketti are siblings and they’re all still babies but growing quick and I just love them!

Attachments

• ED7575F8-D8C0-4BF1-ACD3-429014AD012C.jpeg
    ED7575F8-D8C0-4BF1-ACD3-429014AD012C.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 82
  • C2D60E9D-B280-45AE-88AC-9EA8CCED9108.jpeg
    C2D60E9D-B280-45AE-88AC-9EA8CCED9108.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 35B7581D-5CC8-4C51-A9FC-0B2FF309153D.jpeg
    35B7581D-5CC8-4C51-A9FC-0B2FF309153D.jpeg
    905.7 KB · Views: 75
This is Penne, Sketti, and Ramen :) I treated a female for being egg bound (ended up needing to surgically remove two eggs) and I just fell in love with the species! Penne and Sketti are siblings and they’re all still babies but growing quick and I just love them!
Soooo cute how they're all curled up together!

Wow I’m obsessed. I want one so bad !!! How are they temper wise? I have a corn snake and hes amazing, I also have a garter who would probably eat me alive if he could 🤣

Back
Top Bottom