I have had it!

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
So. I went to get feeders for my Chameleons and Gecko and the pet store charges about $3 for a box of half dead crickets which has about 24 in each container. I needed some small crickets for Cortez my 4 month old Panther Chameleon and she had about 6 boxes on the shelve. Well I always slide back the label and look at the top and bottom to know if I am getting a good deal on them. There was hardly any in there, but I had litterally no choice but to spend $3 for about 10 crickets. ><

The larger crickets had maybe two dead in the containers. But I am now going to start ordering in bulk off the internet. I have had it with gettin ripped off! :mad:

I am fed up too. Crickets cost to much there. I got 95 yesterday and it was like 11 bucks!! So i just built another cricket tub and ordering from now on...

Why not buy a box of 1000 on line? Get one size down from what you would normally feed the chameleon...so at first you will have to feed the chameleon more because they will be a little small, but if you look after the crickets properly they will grow...and it will still be cheaper than going to a pet store....even if some of them die on you.

yeah really my local pet store charges 11cents each for crickets. luckly they do this thing where u fill out stuff and get a $5 off coupon lol i do it everytime and just get like 100crickets for a $1.06. they still aint caught on so im doing it while i can. your cham eats dead crickets?????? mine just barily eats live ones. lol

Why not buy a box of 1000 on line? Get one size down from what you would normally feed the chameleon...so at first you will have to feed the chameleon more because they will be a little small, but if you look after the crickets properly they will grow...and it will still be cheaper than going to a pet store....even if some of them die on you.

were do u order from in canada

Yeah my local petco it was like $4.99 for 36, when really you only get like 20-25... After these run out this weekend I'm definitely ordering in bulk online, better deal and you get more, although they're hoping you run out and they are your only option so you'll buy them no matter the price.

Just started trying to breed myself... Wow these guys are stinky!! I put some activated carbon on the top lid to try and keep the foul smell down!

Just started trying to breed myself... Wow these guys are stinky!! I put some activated carbon on the top lid to try and keep the foul smell down!

have you tried using oranges (to feed) and using alot of space (big bins) with ventilated sides???

helps alot with the stink, i dont smell it anymore

I have to wait till it cools down here before I can do the vented big storage box thing. Already have it built. I live in a condo so I don't have alot of space. And let's face it my wife would probably kick me out for bringing that huge loud stank container in our place!!! And I don't have the slightest how she's letting me breed Dubai in here?!!

Kinyonga, I haven't been able to get anything really off the internet because I don't ahve a debit/credit card. But today I set up a bank account and will be getting my card next week sometime! Then i can order crickets! I will be ordering less than 3/8ths and the larger ones for my adults. Not sure on the size. I plan to go with Mulberry Farms. :3

I will be getting some silkworms from FroggTheCham from the forums. So hopefully my guys like them. c:

Back
Top Bottom