I have a question about Apollo

Awesome Apollo

This is a silly question I guess, but I am curious. I am new here and to chameleons too. My panther does something strange in that one side of him at a time will turn bright yellow but it's always the side facing away from me. If I turn him to look at his yellow side, he then switches the yellow to the other side that I'm not looking at. So he seems to be able to control his color, is that correct? And there are no threats near his yellow side that I can see. It's almost like he is teasing me saying "No you can't look at my pretty yellow". This has happened 4 times now and no, I haven't been smoking any funny stuff. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!!!

Yup, totally normal. I see it often in chameleons basking, where the brighter/lighter side is opposite the heat source/sunshine, while the side closest to the warmth gets very dark, sometimes black. Try holding yours in the sunshine to see if this happens, with the side away from you being closest to the sun. :) You should get to see the nice bright colors that way!

Naturally, use some common sense, and if it gets too warm for your comfort, bring the chameleon inside with you. :)

-Jen

Yup, totally normal. I see it often in chameleons basking, where the brighter/lighter side is opposite the heat source/sunshine, while the side closest to the warmth gets very dark, sometimes black. Try holding yours in the sunshine to see if this happens, with the side away from you being closest to the sun. :) You should get to see the nice bright colors that way!

Naturally, use some common sense, and if it gets too warm for your comfort, bring the chameleon inside with you. :)

-Jen

Thanks so much for the info, I will try your idea. And if I get too warm, we do both go in. :)

Back
Top Bottom