I have a jackson but it might be a dwarf, please help

20170614_110440.jpg
2017.02.26.png
2017.02.26.png
20170614_110440.jpg
2017.02.26.png
So i bought this jackson chameleon on Feb. 26 and I believe that he was anywhere from 1 day old to 7 days old (first photo of him in my thumb is him)
So he's coming on 4 months this month and I went and looked at jackson chameleons that were 4-5 months old and they are huge and completely green and have big horns, and mine is small and still is Brown and his horns are tiny, could he be a dwarf? Please (second photo is him as of today)

That looks about right to me. I'm not sure where you were looking, but they should not be huge or have fully developed horns at 4 months. Jacksons are generally small Chameleons to begin with.

Jackson's grow very very slowly. Your guy looks right on track.
But I was at the pet store and he had Jackson's that were supposedly 4 to 5 months old and they were at least 6 inches and compelety green with half inch horns could he just be wrong about there are it was a Petco and the employee has a lot of reptiles, but he seems happy and loved to eat roaches. Thank you I appreciate the comment.

But I was at the pet store and he had Jackson's that were supposedly 4 to 5 months old and they were at least 6 inches and compelety green with half inch horns could he just be wrong about there are it was a Petco and the employee has a lot of reptiles, but he seems happy and loved to eat roaches. Thank you I appreciate the comment.

Oh god, don't even get me started on PetCo :mad:
Just ask @Andee

Just assume everything they told you is 100% indisputably wrong. These forums are a treasure trove of information that should cover pretty much everything you will ever need to know.

My Jackson Hope was originally from petco... XD I didn't pay for her, but I paid for some of the immediate necessary supplies for her like a cage and extra uvb etc. The thing is Jackson's look 4-5 months compared to other chams like veiled etc as far as growth would go, but they are usually around 8 months by then and almost done growing.

do you know what type of jackson it is? mt. meru or jacksonii jacksonii tend to be smaller in size compared to other jacksons. My female jacksonii jacksonii who just gave live birth a few days ago kind of resembled yours when she was younger which has 3 horns , males have 3 horns also but are much longer. she is the gravid one in this vid if you wanna get an idea of there size to other jacksons.

Back
Top Bottom