I got my babies yesterday

bake

I will have pictures on here later, they are beautiful, but I don't want to disturb them more then I have too.

Temps 68-76 depending on day to night... I will get exact basking temps later, but they do have 3 different basking levels they can reach.

The only issue that I am having is I am only able to keep humidity around 50%

I mist them often to keep it up and there are habba misters set on 30 every 3

They most exciting thing was watching them eat today. I fed each 6 crix dusted with calcium (no d3) tomorrow I will dust with calcium with d3 then reg calcium all next week, then a supp mix next saturday and alternate d3 and supp mix every saturday.

crix are gutloaded with flukers, carrots, potato's....

Anything wrong with my situation outside of the humidity level's of course? I have an ionic humidifier i just put in the room, so hopefully that will solve some issues.

Your gutloading could use some work. I'm too lazy to type out all the things you could/should use on my phone, so do a quick search.

What kind are they? What's a supp mix?

Blue bar Ambilobe's I have a 3 months male and female. They are extremely cute. I find it very hard to leave them alone.... I know I have to though :( Watching them eat today was very exciting though. and I plan on adding more veggies to the gutload, that's just what i had around yesterday.

all the supps and such are reptical
Reptical Calcium without d3
Reptical Calcium with d3
Reptical Reptivite

Bump! are these okay supplements?
Repcal Calcium (every feeding except saturdays)
Repcal Calcium with D3 (every other saturday)
Repcal Reptivite (every saturday calcium with d3 isn't fed)

Cricket gutload
Flukes gutload
Carrots
potatoes

will be adding collards later.... Any suggestions? I am still having humidity issues... 50% range. Damn winter dryness! Is it okay to have a humidifier on next to the cages? I spray several times a day and i have a habba mister on 3-30 intervals.

Suggestions please
I feed 6 crickets a day 1/4-1/2 inchers....

Up to ten crickets a day that have been gutloaded with greens like collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, endive, kale, and escarole. They should also be fed fruits and veggies like carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, apples, oranges, and papayas.

With those supplements you should be dusting using this schedule (or something simmilar keeping the d3 and vitamins in mind) :

Week 1:
mon-fri: calcium without d3
sat: none
sun: calcium with d3

week 2:
mon-fri: calcium without d3
sat: none
sun: multivitamin

week 3:
repeat week one

week 4:
repeat week two without vitamins.

Spray for longer (5-10 minutes) and put some shower curtain on two or three side with screen. More live plants help as well.

sounds lik youre pretty well off. its gr8 that they're already eating that much! I cant wait to see the pics:)

I dont want to hassel them with taking pictures yet... I am trying really hard not to stress them.

Back
Top Bottom