I got a new addition

Bmjo

Established Member
i was thinking about getting a translucent veiled or a panther but i realized I’m not ready for another any time soon. So i decided to get a bearded dragon instead i still don’t have a name for him yet but here he is

Attachments

• 195CB580-6B0B-4EDA-859F-94D7446BEF5C.jpeg
    195CB580-6B0B-4EDA-859F-94D7446BEF5C.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 145
I happen to think that a beardie is a perfect "second herp" for cham keepers. They are almost total opposites of chams.....they are friendly, they listen, they are easy to house, easy to heat, a lot less fussy about humidity, they are sort of anti-drama queens, and they seem to actually appreciate the husbandry bondage their human slaves have placed themselves in.

Years ago while I was caring for about 6 chams (who took over both bedrooms in the house), I rescued a German giant morph beardie that was abandoned at the herp shop where I got all my supplies. Poor guy had spent a year or so crammed into a vertical glass-fronted bookcase. Once let out of the bookcase he clambered onto my shoulder and rode around the store for about an hour, happy as a clam. He had the best personality, greeting everyone, taking treats from hands, loved all stroking and attention. He went home with me once I scrambled and built him this odd half terrarium half wooden crate thing in the living room. He could open his own cage door, run across the back of the couch and down to the floor whenever he wished. He'd spend hours basking in sunny windows and followed me everywhere. Here was a creature who PREFERRED to stretch himself out across my lap as I sat reading, came when called into the kitchen for meals, ran up to investigate visitors before they got their shoes off at the door. Just a great little spiny dog. Took him in the car on errands and we'd sit outdoors on the deck together (he wore a harness).

Last edited:
I happen to think that a beardie is a perfect "second herp" for cham keepers. They are almost total opposites of chams.....they are friendly, they listen, they are easy to house, easy to heat, a lot less fussy about humidity, they are sort of anti-drama queens, and they seem to actually appreciate the husbandry bondage their human slaves have placed themselves in.

Years ago while I was caring for about 6 chams (who took over both bedrooms in the house), I rescued a German giant morph beardie that was abandoned at the herp shop where I got all my supplies. Poor guy had spent a year or so crammed into a vertical glass-fronted bookcase. Once let out of the bookcase he clambered onto my shoulder and rode around the store for about an hour, happy as a clam. He had the best personality, greeting everyone, taking treats from hands, loved all stroking and attention. He went home with me once I scrambled and built him this odd half terrarium half wooden crate thing in the living room. He could open his own cage door, run across the back of the couch and down to the floor whenever he wished. He'd spend hours basking in sunny windows and followed me everywhere. Here was a creature who PREFERRED to stretch himself out across my lap as I sat reading, came when called into the kitchen for meals, ran up to investigate visitors before they got their shoes off at the door. Just a great little spiny dog. Took him in the car on errands and we'd sit outdoors on the deck together (he wore a harness).
I have 2 leopard geckos also. But i hope that one day my bearded dragon will be like that. He already likes to come out and sit with me and i pet him

Bearded dragons are fun. I have a funny story, it is kind of long though. Let's just say, really naughty bearded dragon, and I can tell the story if people are actually curious, lol.

The bearded dragon forums aren’t very active so it looks like i have to bring it to you guys. Doesn’t this look like a female?

Attachments

• 33392FA5-CBF4-4800-8570-B27451118E95.jpeg
    33392FA5-CBF4-4800-8570-B27451118E95.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 86
  • 008AEF59-CB68-49B8-BA1D-BAA5392D9404.jpeg
    008AEF59-CB68-49B8-BA1D-BAA5392D9404.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 109
  • AC243455-87DF-4F59-BC9A-978FFA6A0C3E.png
    AC243455-87DF-4F59-BC9A-978FFA6A0C3E.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 114
  • FCBD2172-BC03-49A6-BCE5-3850EAD50400.jpeg
    FCBD2172-BC03-49A6-BCE5-3850EAD50400.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 85
Story! Story! Story!
Also I am contemplating an beardie. I have a good friend who takes hers everywhere on a harness. He is her little soulmate, I swear. I worry I don’t have the kind of time needed to be a human companion to a beardie. My tree frogs don’t care so long as they eat and have humidity. My crestie is my night time entertainment when I get home from work. I am the servant to my veiled in the mornings before work. I have a native desert tortoise who is 2 years old but generally self sufficient and low maintenance. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs, too. I’d love to add an adult beardie or tegu to my cuddle pile though.

Story! Story! Story!
Also I am contemplating an beardie. I have a good friend who takes hers everywhere on a harness. He is her little soulmate, I swear. I worry I don’t have the kind of time needed to be a human companion to a beardie. My tree frogs don’t care so long as they eat and have humidity. My crestie is my night time entertainment when I get home from work. I am the servant to my veiled in the mornings before work. I have a native desert tortoise who is 2 years old but generally self sufficient and low maintenance. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs, too. I’d love to add an adult beardie or tegu to my cuddle pile though.

Seriously! Panther chameleon takes the morning up! then afternoon, and cresties take up the night

Back
Top Bottom