I found fff!

camimom

I found flightlesss fruit fly cultures at Petco today. 9 bucks got my a culture that will make over 500 flies! haha, my cham is now a happy champer!

Check out FF culturing guides. That one culture can produce an unlimited amount! ;P

Edit- also how old is your Cham?

Last edited:
5 weeks. my avatar is him.
I don't need an unlimited amount as he wil more than likely grow out of them soon-ish.

He is very cute!

I'm getting some 5 week old chameleons next week. I thought they would be too big for FFs, but I have a few cultures going for my mantids so that will come in handy.

May I ask how you are feeding the FFs to him? I want to minimize how many FFs I get all over my house. ;P

I plan on getting a few this summer to make my own cultures for the babies that will be hatching in the end of summer :)

I have two four week old baby veiled chams too! And believe me there is. O way to contain fruit flies. I tried putting my babies in a container and dumping some ff in it.. but the babies didn't like it too much, then i tried putting a piece of fruit in there cage and dumping the ff on top of it.. it sort of kept them under control and the chams loved it! But the ff still got out of the cage and roam everywhere lol... there really small and wont last more than a day out of the culture... but i still find occasionaly the ff sleeping with me or in my bathroom lol! But good luck!

I put mine in a shallow dish with some fruit to get them to cling to it. then i put cham near it so he can see them. If he doesnt eat them immediatly i take the dish out and put in a closed container. A few crawled o0ut of the screen cage but since they cant fly its not a big bother to me.

He is very cute!

I'm getting some 5 week old chameleons next week. I thought they would be too big for FFs, but I have a few cultures going for my mantids so that will come in handy.

May I ask how you are feeding the FFs to him? I want to minimize how many FFs I get all over my house. ;P

Thank you! I love him so much! he's so very entertaining. and the best part is I can hold him!

Back
Top Bottom