I forgot how much crickets stink..

what size mesh gauge do you use in that bin and as far as the egg cartons go do you use only styrofoam or can i use a recycled paper-ish type that my company uses to ship various parts to its vendors?

Don't use styrofoam, the paper/cardboard ones are far safer with fewer chemicals. toilet paper and paper towel rolls work well too and are easy to amass. And it's just aluminum window screen so the mesh is pretty small. Don't use fiberglass window screen (the soft stuff) because they'll just eat right through it and escape everywhere!

Don't use styrofoam, the paper/cardboard ones are far safer with fewer chemicals. toilet paper and paper towel rolls work well too and are easy to amass. And it's just aluminum window screen so the mesh is pretty small. Don't use fiberglass window screen (the soft stuff) because they'll just eat right through it and escape everywhere!

Ok. Anything else I should know? I took out the styrofoam and placed a small cardboard container that I used to ship my sunglasses for repair.

nice set up there I might have to copy that when I try to raise crickets again in the summer. first batch failed due to not being able to keep the temp to 80-90. when the highs was 5 outside crickets was the least of my worries.

Back
Top Bottom