I finally ordered everything my cham needed!!

Hey guys! So I recently joined the forums and I've learned so much from everyone on here, which I am extremely grateful for. I want my chameleon to be as comfortable and happy as possible. I was finally able to order everything he needed that I didn't already have. It was a couple of hundred dollars but I hope it's worth it! His enclosure will be ready by the New Year! 😁 I will be listing everything I got for him, and please if I am missing anything or if something I've ordered isn't right, please let me know!

Enclosure: Zoo Med ReptiBreeze Open Air Screen Cage, Extra Large, 24 x 24 x 48-Inches
Lights:
Jungle Dawn 22 Watt LED Terrarium Light Bar
Exo Terra Sun-Glo Neodymium A19 Lamp, 60-Watt (4 Pack)
Zilla 11931 8-1/2-Inch Reflector Dome For Up to 150-Watt Bulbs, Silver
Zoo Med Reptisun 5.0 T5-Ho Uvb Fluorescent Lamp - 24 w - 22"
Supplements & Watering: Zoo Med Reptile Calcium without Vitamin D3, 8-Ounce
I already have: Zoo Med Reptivite Reptile Vitamins with D3 2 oz - Pack of 6
Exo Terra Spray Bottle, 2 quarts
Humidity & Temperature: PETSPIONEER Reptile Humidifier Digital Timing Fog Machine with Double Hose & 4 Liter Reservoir, Automatic Terrarium Fogger for Reptiles/Amphibians/Herps/Vivarium
Humidity Gauge, 2 Pack Max Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer Humidity Meter Temperature and Humidity Monitor with Dual Sensors for Bed Room, Pet Reptile, Plant, Greenhouse, Basement, Humidor, Guitar
Etekcity Infrared Thermometer 1080 (Not for Human) Temperature Gun Non-Contact Digital Laser Thermometer-58℉~1022℉ (-50℃~550℃) Blue & Gray, Standard Size

As for his plants, I will be getting them from my local home depot. Here is the list:

• Pothos
  • Ferns
  • Philodendron
  • Hibiscus
  • Gardenia
  • Creeping jenny
  • Croton
  • Umbrella Plant
I'll also be getting organic potting soil to repot these!

instead of getting the misting system that you got I would recomend a mistking the begginer set works perfect and you can set it to all the perfect times unlike other misting systems.

Hi. It's late here, so I'll have to be brief.

Hey guys! So I recently joined the forums and I've learned so much from everyone on here, which I am extremely grateful for. I want my chameleon to be as comfortable and happy as possible. I was finally able to order everything he needed that I didn't already have. It was a couple of hundred dollars but I hope it's worth it!
A couple hundred is cheap! Some here advise budgeting $1000+ not including the chameleon.

His enclosure will be ready by the New Year! 😁 I will be listing everything I got for him, and please if I am missing anything or if something I've ordered isn't right, please let me know!

Enclosure: Zoo Med ReptiBreeze Open Air Screen Cage, Extra Large, 24 x 24 x 48-Inches
Lights:
Jungle Dawn 22 Watt LED Terrarium Light Bar
I think this Sansi is a better choice for a plant light.

You can get a clamp light for about half that or less.

That's a fogger. I don't use one, so no comment.
I would suggest an automated misting system, either MistKing Starter or CliMist Cyclone.

I don't see any probes on those units, which many of us think are important. I like/use these.
I like them because the numbers are big enough for me to see in the back of the enclosure, but there are many alternatives.

(y) Good to have, but only for spot-checks and surfaces. Digital hygrometers/thermometers with probes are still needed for monitoring gradients & more. ;)

As for his plants, I will be getting them from my local home depot. Here is the list:
  • Pothos
  • Ferns
  • Philodendron
  • Hibiscus
  • Gardenia
  • Creeping jenny
  • Croton
  • Umbrella Plant
I'll also be getting organic potting soil to repot these!
I'm not familiar with every plant on that list, but if they're listed as safe on one or more of these lists, they should be fine.
As for omissions, you can check against the lists on https://caskabove.com/checklist/shopping-guide

Last edited:
Hi. It's late here, so I'll have to be brief.

A couple hundred is cheap! Some here advise budgeting $1000+ not including the chameleon.

I think this Sansi is a better choice for a plant light.
That was actually my second option. I was watching Neptune the Chameleon on Youtube and they said the jungle dawn has worked the best for them. I will be trying out the jungle dawn first, and if it's not the best, I know which one I'm getting next.
You can get a clamp light for about half that or less.
Thank you for the suggestions!

That was actually my second option. I was watching Neptune the Chameleon on Youtube and they said the jungle dawn has worked the best for them.
That's going to be subjective either way; I've compared them and prefer the Sansi hands down.
Warranty alone (5 yrs Sansi vs. 1 yr JD) stands out. We've got Sansi lights of one type or other on all our enclosures, and my Missus loves them on all her plants.

I’m not sure about the gardenia being safe, so I would err on the side of caution. For the hibiscus, you will most definitely want the Sansi https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are what I’ve been using too and they are strong enough to keep the hibiscus alive.
I too suggest a Mist King, when budget allows.
What about a feeding station? You can either make your own or https://tkchameleons.com/products/shooting-gallery?variant=30018608595032 or https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/ (I think he’s selling on Amazon now too).

I’m not sure about the gardenia being safe, so I would err on the side of caution.
okay, thanks for letting me know.
For the hibiscus, you will most definitely want the Sansi https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are what I’ve been using too and they are strong enough to keep the hibiscus alive.
I've canceled my order for the jungle dawn and I'll be getting the Sansi on Saturday. 😁
I too suggest a Mist King, when budget allows.
I wanted to get the mist king but for now, my dad said the manual mister will have to do. I should have the mist king by the time the enclosure is all set up at the end of December.
What about a feeding station? You can either make your own or https://tkchameleons.com/products/shooting-gallery?variant=30018608595032 or https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/ (I think he’s selling on Amazon now too).
a feeding station? is that when you put a little cup in their enclosure to eat from? if so i thought that a simple plastic cup could be used?

a feeding station? is that when you put a little cup in their enclosure to eat from? if so i thought that a simple plastic cup could be used?
It’s optional. You can use a feeding cup too. I just wanted to make you aware of some options.
The holidays are coming and maybe you’ll find a Mist King as a gift. ;)

I've canceled my order for the jungle dawn and I'll be getting the Sansi on Saturday. 😁
(y) IDT you'll be sorry; they're great lights. I have 2 in my cham's double-size enclosure—both he and the plants love them. You can see how I installed mine—originally and a redo (and why) here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/simple-uvb-fixture-supports.177896/

I wanted to get the mist king but for now, my dad said the manual mister will have to do. I should have the mist king by the time the enclosure is all set up at the end of December.
(y)

It certainly can. Bird feeder cups can work (inexpensive and lots of options). A couple/few of us found these at Pet—. There are a couple of sizes. They can hook over a branch or branch/pot supports.
1637853748797.png

IDK anything about your skill set...
Liam Neeson GIF
but FWIW, I think a chameleon feeder is a great DIY project at any level, whether a simple container or a feeder run cup.

1637854758784.png

(y) IDT you'll be sorry; they're great lights. I have 2 in my cham's double-size enclosure—both he and the plants love them. You can see how I installed mine—originally and a redo (and why) here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/simple-uvb-fixture-supports.177896/
Thanks!
(y)

It certainly can. Bird feeder cups can work (inexpensive and lots of options). A couple/few of us found these at Pet—. There are a couple of sizes. They can hook over a branch or branch/pot supports.
View attachment 315616
IDK anything about your skill set...
Liam Neeson GIF
but FWIW, I think a chameleon feeder is a great DIY project at any level, whether a simple container or a feeder run cup.
I’m already planning on making a DIY dripper as well as a DIY feeder cup. I’m pretty crafty so hopefully they work. 😂
Happy Thanksgiving!! I’m glad i joined the forums, im grateful for everyone on here who’s helping me out!

Looks like you got a lot of great advice here!! I concur with mist king. Based on your husbandry form I think the fogger could be skipped and the money go toward mist king or plants instead. Glad to see you're getting all screen enclosure given that you're in Miami.

Regarding plants you probably have neighbors who will give you pothos and umbrella plants for free so post on Next Door or ask around. That'll save you some money as well! Old garden ladies and gentlemen also love teaching youngins about plants so I'm sure they'd love to hear how you're doing right by your chameleon and teach you some pointers.

Looks like you got a lot of great advice here!! I concur with mist king. Based on your husbandry form I think the fogger could be skipped and the money go toward mist king or plants instead. Glad to see you're getting all screen enclosure given that you're in Miami.
Yes that’s a good idea, im hopefully getting the mist king by the end of december. 😁
Regarding plants you probably have neighbors who will give you pothos and umbrella plants for free so post on Next Door or ask around. That'll save you some money as well! Old garden ladies and gentlemen also love teaching youngins about plants so I'm sure they'd love to hear how you're doing right by your chameleon and teach you some pointers.
I’ll check it out! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom