I finally got my cham!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyle0417, Apr 14, 2018.

1. kyle0417

kyle0417 Established Member

Meet Jeffrey.

Buicalvin22 likes this.
  2. kyle0417

058092F3-40F2-4EDE-9AD8-178CFB4D5EA3.jpeg Forgot to include the picture in excitement, lol.

3. NickTide

NickTide Avid Member

Congratulations, you are now a servant. Lol.

4. jannb

jannb Chameleon Enthusiast

Congrats! Jeffrey’s a little cutie! Please post some pictures of his home.

5. kyle0417

It’s nothing much right now, I only got one fake plant and one stick thingy. We’re gonna get him more fake plants and a pothos as soon as we can. We’d already spent 300 dollars just to get what we’ve got now lol image.jpg

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  6. Chameleomom

Chameleomom Avid Member

Welcome to the forums. I would try to get some more plants in there asap to make him feel safe. You don't want him to stress.

7. kyle0417

I get it. Next time I’m at Walmart, I’m gonna get some fake plants, and next time I’m near a Home Depot I was gonna pick up a pothos plant.

8. Remkon

Remkon Chameleon Enthusiast

Shower off the photos before placing it in the enclosure, veilds eat plants and gardening centers use toxins on the plant.

I don't think currently the enclosure is suitable for homing a chameleon, you may want to prioritize your trip to home depot and wal-mart.

9. kyle0417

Yep. We’re planning on getting some more fake plants and branches for him today to keep him comfortable until we can get a pothos.

CJ's Exotics and Kristen Wilkins like this.
  10. Kristen Wilkins

Kristen Wilkins Chameleon Enthusiast

Welcome @kyle0417 . You have a cutie . I just want to add veiled chameleons are Notorious for eating their plants . More real less fake would be the best choice , also real plants help with correct humidity . You want to make sure your baby is safe with no impaction issues :D.

kyle0417 and CJ's Exotics like this.
  11. kyle0417

Got a bit more foliage for Jeffrey to last until it’s warm enough to get pothos. It’s still snowing in Michigan! image.jpg

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  12. Remkon

Remkon Chameleon Enthusiast

You could get some branches from outside, frost would kill any possible parasites on the wood.

13. Grokthecube

Grokthecube Member

You could also check home depot for plants. All of them near me sell indoor plants, and pothos are pretty popular there. You'll also find a ficus from time to time.

kyle0417 and CJ's Exotics like this.
  14. kyle0417

He was actually pretty interested in me while I was setting up the new stuff I got for his enclosure. It was kind of funny. image.jpg

Cordawayconstruction and jannb like this.
  15. Buicalvin22

Buicalvin22 New Member

Beautiful set up and cham!!!

16. Cordawayconstruction

Cordawayconstruction Established Member

Coming along! Make sure you give him a branch up so he can bask in the heat and somewhere for him to hide. They don't like being on display all the time and like their privacy sometimes just like we do. :) welcome to the forum

17. kyle0417

Done and done. I made sure he had a basking spot and privacy first thing.

Cordawayconstruction likes this.