I finally got bitten!

I've been taking advantage of my VOHEMAR Chameleons nasty nature to administer his calcium drops every day while he's being treated for MBD.
He opens his mouth, turns bright colors and hisses when my hand gets near him...And boom. I squirt the drops in his mouth while he threatens me.
Today he chomped down on my hand. Something I've been avoding. Even my MUCH larger Veileds don't bite me.
I've got to say that it wasn't that bad. Not at all as painful as I'd imagined.
In fact, it wasn't actually painful at all.
Maybe your experience will vary?
But, I'm no longer too apprehensive about it.
I feel like I just joined an elite group.
Very very rarely their bites break skin thankfully but yes I guess you can be considered to be part of a elite group haha! How had MBD came along?

I've been taking advantage of my VOHEMAR Chameleons nasty nature to administer his calcium drops every day while he's being treated for MBD.
He opens his mouth, turns bright colors and hisses when my hand gets near him...And boom. I squirt the drops in his mouth while he threatens me.
Ah, necessity and the Mothers of Invention. 😁

Today he chomped down on my hand. Something I've been avoding. Even my MUCH larger Veileds don't bite me.
I've got to say that it wasn't that bad. Not at all as painful as I'd imagined.
In fact, it wasn't actually painful at all.
Maybe your experience will vary?
It did, but I've been bitten before.

But, I'm no longer too apprehensive about it.
I feel like I just joined an elite group.
O...K... Can't say I've ever been apprehensive about the lizards—just careful.
Snakes, OTOH, make me a bit apprehensive. In 8th grade a 3½ ft. wild garter snake chomped on me and left the tips of his fangs in my hand. Probably more shock/surprise than pain—I got cocky and tried to grab it slithering through tall grass.

Elite group of what—people who move slower than a chameleon? :p😆

Very very rarely their bites break skin thankfully but yes I guess you can be considered to be part of a elite group haha! How had MBD came along?
I'm posting updates on his MBD on another thread. But he's making progress.
I purchased him from an unscrupulous pet shop with MBD. Fellow forum members caught it. My vet confirmed it. And he's being treated.
We go back to the vet for more Xrays this Wednesday.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom