I feel like a good samaritan

bimac6

Avid Member
:D
We just got back from Home Depot, picking up a plant for the newbie that we're getting soon, and I got into a conversation with a woman that worked there and she told me her daughter and her boyfriend had a couple of chameleons.
She told me that they keep it in a fish tank with fake plants everywhere, and a heat lamp. And that it looked like something was wrong with its bones, she curved her finger in a U shape while describing it.
I said it sounded like it has MBD, and to bring it to the vet, just in case. And to immediately get a viv and a reptisun UVB tube, she was writing everything down as I was telling her! And I also thought that it'd be easy for her to get supplies seeing as she works at Home Depot. She said that they sprinkle calcium dust ON the chameleon D:
I recommended a vet, and told her about this site, if she had any more questions.
In thanks of all the information I told her, she gave me the plant for free, instead of for $10 !
I feel like I might've maybe saved a little baby veiled's life today!
:p
It just shows what pet stores recommend when buying one.
I think that people that are interested in buying a chameleon have to fill out a mandatory chameleon exam in order to purchase one!
As well with the workers!!

Good job. I can picture some poor girl trying to sprinkle calcium on the chameleon... I laughed a little but then I felt bad...

Good work!! You might have given the lady your phone # if the kids with the cham had questions. but not every one wants to give their phone # to strangers.

lol
"They also tried to plug the UV bulb into the chameleon's mouth..."

good job tho.

LOL
"They live in our pool, is this okay? They don't seem to be good swimmers."

Thanks though! And yeah, I didn't want to give my number to them. This forum has every question I have ever wondered.

Back
Top Bottom