i don't want to make the same mistake again

martinlemus

i had a veiled chameleon and sadly he passed away last year and i believe it was lack of eating , so i want to know what i can do if that ever happenes again

Look into your husbandry, "lack of eating" is just a side effect of something else going on. Do a lot of research, fill out the help form, read the stickies, read caresheets, etc. A lot of dead chameleons can be avoided by simply spending some time reading about what you're getting into. I know it is tempting to have a cool animal to show people, but make it last and give the animal what it deserves.

Look into your husbandry, "lack of eating" is just a side effect of something else going on. Do a lot of research, fill out the help form, read the stickies, read caresheets, etc. A lot of dead chameleons can be avoided by simply spending some time reading about what you're getting into. I know it is tempting to have a cool animal to show people, but make it last and give the animal what it deserves.
i actually did research before getting one because i knew they would not be easy to take of , but he was fine , he would eat as much as i would give him ( and yes i portioned it by day ) and just one day he stopped eating and looked very down , he had not showed any signs of decease or anything but thank you , ill fill out those help forms

at 6-7 months he should be fed as much as he can eat. He was apparently not fine if he starved himself to death. Things happen though, not trying to offend you. They really aren't difficult to care for if you go into it prepared. Do you have a good vet near you? Also they usually do not show obvious signs of illness until it has gotten serious.

no , not really any good vets near me, and i didn't know i should feed him as much as he can eat to be honest with you . but i really don't want to make the same mistake again because it was a huge lost for me

Back
Top Bottom