I dont know what to do!!!

Yessabub

Established Member
Spike still wont eat his crickets hes acting the same and looks good. What do i do i dont want him to starve

I agree with Stefan (CleaTheChameleon). Perhaps he is bored with the crix. Try a different feeder, but remember not to feed anything wider than the gap between his eyes.:D

Hes been eating them fine and since i started giving him superworms as a treat once a day he stopped eating crickets

my veiled cham isnt eating

my cham has been laying eggs for at least 5 days and i think it has finished but she wont eat her crickets she looks weak. she is only about 10 months old what can i do ?

Skip a day or two of feeding and then offer crickets when he gets hungry. They get spoiled to supers sometimes and in the wild I'm sure they don't find something to eat everyday. It want hurt him at all to skip a couple of days. At about 6 months I started feeding my veiled everyother day anyway.

my cham has been laying eggs for at least 5 days and i think it has finished but she wont eat her crickets she looks weak. she is only about 10 months old what can i do ?

How many eggs did she lay? Is she drinking? After laying you need to give her long warm mistings and food dusted with extra calcium for about 3 or 4 days after laying. Have you tried any food besides crickets? Try super worms. If she still does not eat get her to the vet she might have a medical problem form egg laying. If she doesn't eat by in the morning take her to the vets tomorrow.

Get that little ripper some silkworm/hornworms or some superworms. I know that I woundn't like eating chicken everyday. I need some shrimp or a T-Bone your Cham feels the same way.:p

62 eggs she has layed i think she is drinking but iv just checked on her and she had her eyes closed and that is not normal sleeping of a day! i havnt tried a different feed yet her bum is still hanging out and she is pooing like milk coloured runs,

62 eggs she has layed i think she is drinking but iv just checked on her and she had her eyes closed and that is not normal sleeping of a day! i havnt tried a different feed yet her bum is still hanging out and she is pooing like milk coloured runs,

Get her to the vet. Where do you live? Do you have a good chameleon vet if not maybe someone here can recommend one if we kown your location.

Also if you fill out the Ask for help form we can make sure you are doing everything correct for your girl.

How to ask for help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information, you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

superworms cause my chams to strike on all food as well. I hardly ever give them superworms any more simply for this reason. About the only time I feed a cham superworms these days is if it's a female and she just laid eggs.

shock1, it would be better to start your own thread and fill out the 'How to ask for help' form in the Health clinic section. This way, we can offer you help and advice in your own thread.

My Chameleon went off crickets a long time ago. I tried everything to get him back on crickets, and I officially gave up a couple months ago. If anyone has any grand ideas let me know.

He slowly trended towards ONLY eating dusted crickets, to eating very few crickets, to refusing crickets, to only eating Superworms.

I've deprived him of worms for a week at a time, and he still won't go for crickets.

Superworms are hard to gutload, hard to dust, and hard to hydrate, but at least they don't make noise. Rygel took 3 of them this morning. I'm not too worried about him, he's doing great on them.

I'd love to try him on silks or hornworms but I haven't been able to get any at good prices in VA.

Need any advice you can give me, first time graceful chameleon owner!! = )

:confused::confused:I have purchased a Graceful Chameleon!! I havent taken him home yet because i had to order his cage online since no pet stores in town had the proper cage he needed. Luckily the breeder i got him from is willing to take care of him for me until i receive the cage and set it up!! I am reading a lot of different things on here about graceful chameleons, I am a little nervous now about owning one. Does anyone have any advice for me???? I am new to this site also... thanks!!!:):)

Your post will most likely go unnoticed by everyone else, so you'd be better-off starting a new thread.

Reasonably priced cages can be ordered from:
http://www.diycages.com/

Reasonably priced cages and supplies can be ordered from:

http://lllreptile.com/

Both are reliable and are forum sponsors also.

Adcham has a species profile here:
http://adcham.com/html/taxonomy/species/chgracilis.html

Sorry, but I am not knowledgeable about Graceful chams.
Glad to see you've been using the search feature to learn.
Welcome to the forum! :)

Back
Top Bottom