I can't tell if my female is gravid or not.

Yep regular play sand, no need to “wash.” Slowly mix in water until it has the same moisture content as the sand you’d use to build a castle at the beach.

I got my female panther chameleon from a pet store here in Toronto, it took her about 5 days to adapt to the change. I still misted her and made sure she drank, she turned BLACK for the 5 days until the 6th where she devoured 12 crickets in the morning and drank a ton of water, color changed to a nice salmon color and now she is super happy, fyi she just laid 28 eggs last night for me. But I bred her with my Male panther, so I knew she was gravid!

I was also worried about the dramatic color change and her eyes were sunken in when I got her, she was in with 10 other females all about 12 months old, she needed to get out of that small 12x12x18 tank. If I could have bought all of them I would have, chameleons are not social creatures and housing them together stress's them out.

Give her a few days to adjust to her surroundings and keep up the misting she will come around.

My big Male panther was housed in a tiny aquarium for 2 years of his life before I found him at an animal hospital where someone left him because he needed surgery. I picked him up and he is super happy in his custom 6 foot tall screen room. He goes up and down all day long, but when I brought him home for the first night it took a few days for him to come out of the corner.

Patience. That's what @Brodybreaux25 taught me when I wasnt sure what was going on with my gravid female, I was just rushing the natural process and not giving her privacy to do her thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_170123_279.jpg
    IMG_20190317_170123_279.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 20140705_210339.jpg
    20140705_210339.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 169
She still has not eaten or drank anything yet. This is around day four of having her. Should I force feed and drink her. Or do you think it's still because of stress. She has bright colors.

Actually I will take a picture of her now I am not sure if she is dehydrated or not. I have not seen her drink but she may have drank before. Here's a picture. 15531267089447962523949932301649.jpg 15531267378908383269427387540189.jpg

How many times a day is the mister going off? How long is the period of which it is on? Are you hand spraying to ensure you get water around where she is sitting? If I am unsure I will spray for about 7-10 mins until I see her drink...
Maybe add another nozzle, do you only have 1? The mist king spray is very fine so it will need to be set for a longer period of time, I have 2-3 nozzles set up for my big Male so it hits most all areas and it is like it's raining in the rainforest.

How many times a day is the mister going off? How long is the period of which it is on? Are you hand spraying to ensure you get water around where she is sitting? If I am unsure I will spray for about 7-10 mins until I see her drink...
Maybe add another nozzle, do you only have 1? The mist king spray is very fine so it will need to be set for a longer period of time, I have 2-3 nozzles set up for my big Male so it hits most all areas and it is like it's raining in the rainforest.
I have 2 nozzles in each cage. It is on three to four times a day. Is on for about 2 to 3 minutes each spray. The only place the nozzles don't hit are the corners in which she likes to be in. I do not hand spray her. Should I am spray her?

It doesnt hurt especially if your worried she isn't drinking, it will make you feel better knowing you saw her drink while you spray.
When I'm in doubt I just hand spray my guys even tho the mist king is set during the day, she might be drinking while your not looking, some chameleons hate to be watched while they drink or eat.

Back
Top Bottom