I cant find crickets!!!

Honestly I wouldn't use cat litter but thats just me. I try to keep it as organic as I can. But on other hand noone has reported anything on it saying thats it's bad for them.

I didn't trust the miracle grow at first so i did some small scale experiments. The bag says they contain no fertilizer or other agents etc. and the directions say that you have to supply fertilizer as usual to the plant. They are only used to create and hold moisture areas within your plant's soil. After four months of using them on all my feeder I have not had any problems.

If your gonna order crickets, my personal opinion is to go through LLLreptile. I've tried some other places but nothing compares to them. Prices are cheapest I've found and low losses as well. But, I would also consider breeding Dubia's. I just started and I can definitely say they are much cleaner, smell less and are far easier care than crickets.

I didn't trust the miracle grow at first so i did some small scale experiments. The bag says they contain no fertilizer or other agents etc. and the directions say that you have to supply fertilizer as usual to the plant. They are only used to create and hold moisture areas within your plant's soil. After four months of using them on all my feeder I have not had any problems.

Well thanks thats good to know. I may try them. Are they large size?

If your gonna order crickets, my personal opinion is to go through LLLreptile. I've tried some other places but nothing compares to them. Prices are cheapest I've found and low losses as well. But, I would also consider breeding Dubia's. I just started and I can definitely say they are much cleaner, smell less and are far easier care than crickets.

I totaly agree on the Dubias. They are wonderful.

I have seen its cheaper to order in bulk, I have two chameleons, how long do the crickets live? Mine are small I dont want to be stuck with 300 full grown crickets but i dont want to pay 20 in shipping for 100????

I have seen its cheaper to order in bulk, I have two chameleons, how long do the crickets live? Mine are small I dont want to be stuck with 300 full grown crickets but i dont want to pay 20 in shipping for 100????

Yes bulk is cheaper. I noticed you are in Florida. If I were you I would hit every Reptile show in the area. You can get them so much cheaper at a show. They dont live long. But I have noticed mine live longer than the "text book" life span of only a couple of weeks. Usally what I buy at a show will last me and stay alive till the next show.

yes I am in florida :) there is a big show this weekend in tampa like 15-20 minutes from me the only problem is I will be in georga this weekend to see a family member in the hospital so I wont be able to make it :( i dont know when the next one is. I have one cham that just wants mostly pheonix worms and one that only wants crickets. So I was going to order the really small crickets so I can feed them as long as possible to my chams then when they get to big my husband can feed them to his fantasy frog cuz that thing does nothing but eat!!! :eek:

Thats funny about the frog. Well to bad you have to miss this show. But from what ive seen online Florida has shows all the time. So just plan for the next ones. You will find a system that works for you. Like we did.

yes I am in florida :) there is a big show this weekend in tampa like 15-20 minutes from me the only problem is I will be in georga this weekend to see a family member in the hospital so I wont be able to make it :( i dont know when the next one is. I have one cham that just wants mostly pheonix worms and one that only wants crickets. So I was going to order the really small crickets so I can feed them as long as possible to my chams then when they get to big my husband can feed them to his fantasy frog cuz that thing does nothing but eat!!! :eek:

Maybe someone from Florida on here can help you out with that. Of someone is nice enough. Or ask someone you know to go for you. It's way cheaper at the show so you have to take advantage of it.

I just recieved 250 small crickets from flucker farms website and they all seem healthy. It is a strangly cold day here in Fort Worth, TX so they are moving slow but under my ceramic lamp they are heating up quick! My only criticism is that they box they are shipped in has all the crickets lose in it. Was expecting another container with them in it inside the shipping box so i busted in to the box in my living room and about 30 crickets came hopping out :mad:

Back
Top Bottom