I cant find crickets!!!

Dmcugy

I was wondering where you all get your feeders from. The pet stores around me have a terrible selection and mostly sell dead feeders!! Where do you all get your from? I have read about ordering online? Please, I need some suggestions!

I have ordered a baby male veiled chameleon and full set up from flchams.com and i will have the cham next thursday the 31st.

Also how far ahead should i get crickets to start gut loading? And any advice on what to gut load them with?

Since you need them now. You are either going to have to go to petsmart and buy some or order them online. I get mine at the Lone Star Reptile Expo. When im there I stock up till the next show. Then if I run out before the show I go to petsmart to get a few to hold me out until the show. But shipping will eat you alive. Its stupid how much shipping is. At the show you can get 1000 crickets for 18.00. The next one is not till April 30th. So you have a while. You will have to decide if you want to pay shipping or just get ripped off at petsmart.

As for gutloading. Usally it is good to gutload them the night before they are going to be feed off. Use cricket crack, fresh greens, oranges, apples, etc... Swich it up from week to week.

Hope this helps:)

I ordered from Ghann's cricket farm the other day. They used to be a sponsor on here. Idk what happened. I bought 2k. for around $40 plus shipping. It's worth it if you buy a lot. 2 k can last me two months or so. And def cheaper at a reptile show. Plus, they just give them away at the shows.

I get mine at the bait shop here in town. 2 reasons is they are FAMILY owned and have been for over 25 years and I KNOW were the farm they get there crickets from. I also like they dont count them out 1 by 1 like petsmart does. I buy 100 crickets for 3.70$ and buy them a week or 2 ahead and gutload them good.Reptile shows are the way to go if you have a holding tank and a place to keep em warm.

I was wondering where you all get your feeders from. The pet stores around me have a terrible selection and mostly sell dead feeders!! Where do you all get your from? I have read about ordering online? Please, I need some suggestions!

I have ordered a baby male veiled chameleon and full set up from flchams.com and i will have the cham next thursday the 31st.

Also how far ahead should i get crickets to start gut loading? And any advice on what to gut load them with?

Lazy H bait in Labelle FL. he is a very big cricket breeder. I always had good luck with his cricks when my cham used to eat them. Their number is 863-675=3109. They don't have a website I don't think

I clean their tank every other day... and tey are so nasty and stinky.... I don't get a lot of dead one.... does anyone know how to keep them from getting so smelly??!!

I clean their tank every other day and change the food every day!!!

I get all my feeders from Mulberry Farms. They are a sponsor, so you could check out their site. They have a good selection.

I order mine in bulk. Was 1000 at a time, but may go up a little now that I have 2 more mouths to feed LOL.

I keep mine in a large plastic bin, it has a large square cut out of the lid, and I duct taped screen underneath the hole to allow ventilation.

Crickets stink, heck yes they do, and honestly, mine smell no matter how often I clean the bin.

I like the plastic tub instead of the aquarium though, bc I think it contains the smell a bit better.

quick qeustion:i was told by a cpl pet stores(not very knowledgable) that if you put crystalized cat litter(the stuff looks like crystals) in the bottom of the cricket cage that helps with smell,but is it really safe for my chams? i never see my crix eat the litter but i am curious..:confused:(it does help with the smell),also i gut load my crix with orange slices( peel on )amongst tons of other veggies and it helps immensely with smell..

I keep my crickets in 10 gallon aquariums with Eco earth as substrate. They never smell and I never clean their tank. At least I haven't in the last 4 months. I haven't tried it on crickets, but maybe you can mix in some arm and hammer baking soda in their substrate whatever you use. I actually did that for my superworms because those bastards stink!!!

omg!!. What about all the poop they produce? It is just sitting in the substrate then? In a couple of days the poop is unreal. I cannot even imagine what 4 months worth must look like!

omg!!. What about all the poop they produce? It is just sitting in the substrate then? In a couple of days the poop is unreal. I cannot even imagine what 4 months worth must look like!

I don't know what happens to it. I see it on the egg cartons and it's green because of the cricket crack. But the Eco earth still looks brown and like it's supposed to.

I just know when I housed 500 crickets in a 10 gallon tank, the amount of poop that was produced by those things in the matter of a few days was aamazing. I used to take a paint scraper and scrape the bottom and it was like a huge pile of pepper! I know they don't eat their poop(atleast my crickets) didn't. Its gotta be going somewhere!

I order my crickets from the one and only www.flukerfarms.com I order 1000 at a time and the 3/8" or .5" size. This gives me some time to feed them to my chams and geckos before they get too big and start chirping. The shipping container they come in has neat precut egg cartons that I stack on top of each other in the 7gallon aquarium I house them in. Gutload consits of fresh fruits, veggies, kale, peanuts, commercial gut load, sweat potatoes, and I use the miracle grow water crystals for their source of water (walmart garden section $8.00 a bag). By the time they start chirping 1.5-2 months later there aren't many left and I'm reordering them. I only clean the cage before I put the new shipment in. They don't smell too bad for me and really they only start to smell when they become bigger. I guess my solution to the problem is I'm feeding off most of them before they get big enough to stink and make noise.

I order my crickets from the one and only www.flukerfarms.com I order 1000 at a time and the 3/8" or .5" size. This gives me some time to feed them to my chams and geckos before they get too big and start chirping. The shipping container they come in has neat precut egg cartons that I stack on top of each other in the 7gallon aquarium I house them in. Gutload consits of fresh fruits, veggies, kale, peanuts, commercial gut load, sweat potatoes, and I use the miracle grow water crystals for their source of water (walmart garden section $8.00 a bag). By the time they start chirping 1.5-2 months later there aren't many left and I'm reordering them. I only clean the cage before I put the new shipment in. They don't smell too bad for me and really they only start to smell when they become bigger. I guess my solution to the problem is I'm feeding off most of them before they get big enough to stink and make noise.

Do you trust the Miracle Grow water crystals? Do they not have a growth agent in it for the plants?

Back
Top Bottom