I can't figure out why...

R0UCHEBAG

He wont eat worms. Maybe I am presenting them wrong but I think that the worms scare him.

How did everyone here get their cham to start eating worms?

Thank you in advance!

haha the same thing happend to me. its been over a month now that ive tried. so im going to try again here pretty soon.

its hit or miss for my lil cham..someimes loves hem other times will ignore them or walk away, but if offered a cricket, goes rite after it..maybe try a small dish and leave a few there in view...worked for me..(at least some times)..

It's all my cham will eat! It is funny how invidividual they all are. There was never any trick...I just put them in front of him! However, he will not eat crickets!!!

It's all my cham will eat! It is funny how invidividual they all are. There was never any trick...I just put them in front of him! However, he will not eat crickets!!!

Mine too! his favs are silkworms and mealworms - goes straight after them - never any enticing or anything to be done

edit: OP - how big are the worms - maybe they are too big (or small?) for him/her? Mine wont eat them if they are too small until he really has to (I only have really tiny phoenix worms left at the moment - hes totally unimpressed - will be v. pleased with his big fat ones arriving tomorrow!)

How old is your chameleon?

I have had a few of my guys when they were younger that would run or ignore any worm lol I just waited til they were a little older and once they decided to try one they love them :D

You have to make sure that the worms size is appropriate for your cham otherwise he/she can choke on them. Also every cham is different and sometimes there are feeders they will just ignore. Mine does not like dubias at all, sometimes you can starve them for a day or two and give it a try. This will sometimes work, just be patient.

just out of curiosity, which worms did you try? Maybe it is the color of the worms you used?

Perhaps your cham would like...

reddish butterworms

whitish silkworms

greenish hornworms

would seem surprising if between all of that your cham still refuses to try em.

I hang mine on the sides on the screen sides, this works for super or horn works but silkies I just drape over a branch.

My veil likes mealworms but is pretty whatever about reptiworms. He actually shot at some and then spit them out, ended up in the cup and went to town, then became uninterested in them after that. Pretty weird...

My panther didn't even try...

how do you feed the worms on a dish or outof your hand.

Because my pardalis only shoots out if the hand and is ignoring the worms if theyre on a dish or in a curver box.

So most of you feed from a dish or the like? I have a 4 month old male veiled, a 1 yr old female panther and a 4 month old male panther. None of them will eat from a dish/etc. They are all eating appropriately sized crickets consistantly, I have tried mealworms of various sizes, and for my adult panther even tried horn worms ... won't even look at them. I have tried using a dish/plastic container and free range ... none of my guys will go near a container of any sort.

It appears some of you are feeding earthworms? If so, do you rinse them prior to presenting? I really hope to vary my chams diets, and I even make my own gut load for the crickets of all good, fresh greens, fruits etc... so that should be good for now ... just want to do the best by them that I can.

Any suggestions?

same thing happened to me when my veiled was younger he would ignore mealworms no matter what i did, so i tried feeding him waxworm which he went straight for and loved, after that when offered mealworm he pretty much went straight for them. Every cham is different i suppose. I'm sure he will decide to try them sooner or later :)

Back
Top Bottom