I am not sure

Fintalian

I am not sure if my chameleon’s front foot is swollen or has a infected or even worst broken. She dosen’t really put a lot of weight on it and she keeps it open all day. I try to see if she would close it and when I try to do that she would pull it away from me and I felt her vibrate. So I am just a little bit concerned.

Attachments

• 30FDF438-BF48-476E-8FDC-C6675C3393ED.jpeg
    30FDF438-BF48-476E-8FDC-C6675C3393ED.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 106
Hi there welcome to the forum. It does not look right to me. Since she is not putting weight on it and is not gripping with it I would make an appointment with an experienced reptile vet and get her looked at to determine the cause.

Hi there welcome to the forum. It does not look right to me. Since she is not putting weight on it and is not gripping with it I would make an appointment with an experienced reptile vet and get her looked at to determine the cause.
Is she showing gravid colors as well?

While we wait would you mind filling this out? We can go over your husbandry and see if there is an issue that you can fix yourself that may or may not be the cause of the problem but it could help prevent an issue in the future.

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

She just laid this month on the 4th.
Ok so we don't have to worry about her being Gravid. While we are not an alternative to taking her to a Reptile Vet we can offer additional help. As @CamoChameleonsHuman suggested if you would like to fill out the help form and provide pics of her lights down we would be happy to look over your husbandry. See if we can spot any potential issues. :)

While we wait would you mind filling this out? We can go over your husbandry and see if there is an issue that you can fix yourself that may or may not be the cause of the problem but it could help prevent an issue in the future.

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, and age about 9 months. We have had her for about 3 months now.
  • Handling - I take her out everyday for about 10 minutes
  • Feeding - I feed her crickets everyday and a super worm every two days. She gets 6 crickets total. I give her first cricket at 11:30 am and then every two hours one intel 8pm. I am gutloading my crickets with fruit and I put it in their cage I keep them in.
  • Supplements - I give her calcium every day I use repti calcium. Then every 1st and 15th calcium with vitamin d by repti calcium with vit d and liquid vitamin for vitamin A every two weeks by Fluker’s.
  • Watering - I use a Waterfall. Own mist her cage if I see her cage when her humidity is at 20%. Yes I notice she drinks from it at least 4 times a day and sometimes more.
  • Fecal Description - Poops and unrates have been normal. She was tested for pinworms in Jan and came back positive and had two rounds of medicine.
  • History - I don’t have much info about my Cham we bought her back in Oct at Petsmart.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Full screen cage and I am not sure how tall it’s. Maybe 4ft tall.
  • Lighting - Heat light is philips 65w and her uvb is 24 w bought from a website call bio dude. Both lights are on at 10:40am and turn off at 11pm.
  • Temperature - Top temp stays about 88-90f, middle about 75f and the bottom 60 f. Lowest overnight temp about 60f. measure the temp by a temperature gauge.
  • Humidity - humidity levels stay around 30-25. I maintain the levels by watching the gauge and spray her cage if it gets to low.
  • Plants - No live plants at this time.
  • Placement - Cage is in the living room next to a window on top of a table.
  • Location - Louisiana

Do you know if she layed both sides of eggs? She might have laid half but that leg does need a vet to look at it. Could be Edema but looks like something might have happened internal

I would take out the waterfall they can cause respiratory problems

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, and age about 9 months. We have had her for about 3 months now.
  • Handling - I take her out everyday for about 10 minutes
  • Feeding - I feed her crickets everyday and a super worm every two days. She gets 6 crickets total. I give her first cricket at 11:30 am and then every two hours one intel 8pm. I am gutloading my crickets with fruit and I put it in their cage I keep them in.
  • Supplements - I give her calcium every day I use repti calcium. Then every 1st and 15th calcium with vitamin d by repti calcium with vit d and liquid vitamin for vitamin A every two weeks by Fluker’s.
  • Watering - I use a Waterfall. Own mist her cage if I see her cage when her humidity is at 20%. Yes I notice she drinks from it at least 4 times a day and sometimes more.
  • Fecal Description - Poops and unrates have been normal. She was tested for pinworms in Jan and came back positive and had two rounds of medicine.
  • History - I don’t have much info about my Cham we bought her back in Oct at Petsmart.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Full screen cage and I am not sure how tall it’s. Maybe 4ft tall.
  • Lighting - Heat light is philips 65w and her uvb is 24 w bought from a website call bio dude. Both lights are on at 10:40am and turn off at 11pm.
  • Temperature - Top temp stays about 88-90f, middle about 75f and the bottom 60 f. Lowest overnight temp about 60f. measure the temp by a temperature gauge.
  • Humidity - humidity levels stay around 30-25. I maintain the levels by watching the gauge and spray her cage if it gets to low.
  • Plants - No live plants at this time.
  • Placement - Cage is in the living room next to a window on top of a table.
  • Location - Louisiana

So these are the items I would correct for her and the additional questions I had. Please do not think of it as a replacement to get her vet care. I would take her in to get the foot checked sooner then later. I have included some helpful graphics below.
Ok so I would start feeding her in the morning. Give her all her feeders then she has the day to bask and digest.
I would also expand on your gutload. IF you want to continue with fresh foods then it is important to provide leafy greens and they should be alternated week over week so she is not getting the same nutrients passed to her. If you would rather gutload with something commercially available then repashy bug burger is good and you just follow the directions for mixing.
I would expand on the types of feeders as well. And due to her age she needs to be adjusted to an every other day feeding. This will also help cut back how many eggs she has to carry and lay. So start cutting the feeder total amount in half every other day until she is only on an every other day schedule.
I am not sure about the liquid flukers vitamin you are giving. Nothing I have ever heard of using.
Waterfall should be removed asap. It is a breeding ground for bacteria. You can get a little dripper to sit on top of the cage to provide a slow consistent drip on the plants leaves.
Try to keep her humidity at the minimum of 30%. You can add live plants like pothos. Additionally you will need to put 1 inch river rock on top of the dirt so she does not ingest it.
Is your uvb light a screw in bulb or a long florescent bulb?
Her basking should not be any hotter then 85 degrees.

Gutloading 101.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

Do you know if she layed both sides of eggs? She might have laid half but that leg does need a vet to look at it. Could be Edema but looks like something might have happened internal

I would take out the waterfall they can cause respiratory problems
Both sides?

Back
Top Bottom