I am MAD at my roaches!!!!

Arpretty

Avid Member
Hey y’all, I’ve made enemies with my roaches!!! Lol. So I have a heavily planted enclosure, and when the roaches escape the feeding cup, they burrow into my plants and they come out at night and wreak havoc!!! Like DUDE. There is dirt/debris/roach poop all over the bottom of the cage every morning. I’m cleaning this dang thing every. day.

I’ve set up camp at night to watch for them with a flashlight :ROFLMAO: and I’ve caught several. But it never ends! Does anyone else have this issue???

Is yours bioactive? I had some living in my bio enclosures, had it happen before too in barebottom. Not just roaches, but crickets, supers, etc. Even had some hornworms pupate lol.

I was laughing so hard I could barely hit the like icon! :ROFLMAO:
I know I’ve had some escape into my enclosures, but they’re bioactive and I’ll never find them.
They love Bug Burger, if you happen to have any. Bananas are also favorites of my roaches. Set a piece of food out and then wait for them to show. Maybe put it in a plastic container laying on it’s side so once they are in and happily eating, just grab the container and they’re caught.

I was laughing so hard I could barely hit the like icon! :ROFLMAO:
I know I’ve had some escape into my enclosures, but they’re bioactive and I’ll never find them.
They love Bug Burger, if you happen to have any. Bananas are also favorites of my roaches. Set a piece of food out and then wait for them to show. Maybe put it in a plastic container laying on it’s side so once they are in and happily eating, just grab the container and they’re caught.
Even better, use a container with slick slides that they can crawl up the side... or bury it somehow(in my bins I bury it to the level of the dirt). Put some favorite food in, they'll fall in and won't get out. Keep doing this until they're all captured

Update...caught 7 roaches last night.
Life's crazy. I told my boyfriend about the bounty I succeeded with last night and he congratulated me :LOL:. Oh, and he told me about all the katydids hanging out under our porch chairs...which I proceeded to collect & feed off this morning. Ma, aren't you proud of who I've become??! Hahaha.

I was brushing my teeth this morning, and a full size hisser waddled out of the overflow drain in the sink...

At least i found it and not some unsuspecting victims

It didnt even run, just hanged out till i was done, and then i put it bank in the tank with the others :p

Back
Top Bottom