I am a terrible mother

Today, we've suffered a loss. Due to my clouded judgement and irresponsibility my sweet peaches escaped his cage either late last night or early this morning. I've torn my house apart top to bottom and no Peaches. I believe one of my cats got a hold of him before I realized he had escaped. I feel terrible and my sweet peachy boy will be missed greatly.

Cats are good about displaying to you their kill. If he did get your chameleon your cat would most likely leave the body for you to see. They believe you will be proud of them for it. I've had indoor/outdoor cats that will bring back mouse kills and leave them on my driveway to show me. Look up and look often

Keep in mind if he found a dark place to hide he will curl up and sleep until light. There is a chance he is behind something or up in the curtains but didn't make it to the top and just went to sleep. If the cats got to him I would assume there would be a mess unless he is still a bite size baby. How old and what size is he? Mine walked around my office and fell asleep behind one of my monitors once.

Keep in mind if he found a dark place to hide he will curl up and sleep until light. There is a chance he is behind something or up in the curtains but didn't make it to the top and just went to sleep. If the cats got to him I would assume there would be a mess unless he is still a bite size baby. How old and what size is he? Mine walked around my office and fell asleep behind one of my monitors once.

He was definitely bite sized, only 2 months old

Hope you find him! If in fact he’s only 2 months you want to be very careful where you walk or sit since he’s so small he might be very hard to see

Have you tried under the refrigerator...when my snakes escaped they always went there because it was warm under there...he isnt a snake but it is warm nonetheless...I'm sorry

cats are very proud of whatever they catch, since they see you as alpha I'm sure if one of your cats got to peaches they would have dropped him at your feet, try in your entire house, look up high and in small crevices and try at night with a flashlight, that's when they are most colorful in their pjs

Back
Top Bottom