I am a terrible mother

Do you have curtains???? They like to climb. They also will climb cords behind things.. I would not give up hope until you have found a body...

Yes! Herps love curtains. When I was a kid, my parents had a pet iguana that was free ranged. She had a open cage area that she was never in. She slept on the kitchen curtain rod every night. She was huge (3ft body lenght) sometimes she would eat dog food with the dog lol, it was very cute, the dog didn't think so, but she didn't care. The dog didn't do anything, just growl a bit when they were both eating, and then stop and give up and eat.

We had her for like 5 years like that, we got her as an adult, sadly she got out of the house in the winter one day. We didn't notice she was gone, when we did we couldn't for the life of us find her. 2 days later she fell frozen from the tall pines in our yard and was killed by the fall :(.

It was awesome having her freeranged for the time we did though. My aunt had a male iguana about the same size, and it was viscous hated people, would always whip at you ect. Ours never did, she whipped at the dog once but that was it.
She would stay by us when awake, crawl up to the top of the couch, and on to your shoulder and sit there. I know reptiles can't love humans, or what not. However she was the closest I have ever seen of thinking that she truly did love us. Of course she was an oddball, she thought she was a dog. In my albiet limited experience with Iguanas, she was one of a kind.

Last edited:
Peaches was not found. it is safe to say, he did not survive. We were unable to find him after searching the house multiple times. we looked high and low and unfortunately, no peaches. Thank you guys for all of your advice. :(
So sorry to hear that. I was hopeful he would show up!

I know I am coming into this late and do not know much to begin with but just a little story to keep you from getting discouraged. I lost one of mine. I left the cage open while i went to check the door. When I got back he was gone. I thought the worst. Especially sense I have two cats and both would eat him. I looked for hours day after day, worried that the cats got him. no luck at all. Almost a month went by and I was cleaning the house and went to grab a broom to sweep and there he was sitting on the top of the broom handle, malnourished and dehydrated but alive. keep in mind he was about 6". I almost did not see him. I am not saying this will be your case, but don't give up! A chameleon that small is going to be hard to notice.

Back
Top Bottom