I am a slave...an insect and herp slave

pigglett79

Avid Member
Here was my day today......

Wake up at 6:15....go to work

Come home from work - Feed and mist mantids, feed and mist isopods, feed silk worms, dump poo out of horn worm containers, feed chameleons, Feed bearded dragon and give him meds. Put more house fly and BB fly pupae in deli cups.

Go to school

Get home from school - Feed roaches, crickets, silks, frogs, make horn worm food and pods, pick horn worm eggs off of tomato plant, collect silk eggs and prep for frig storage.

And that was an easy day - no gut-load prep, misting bucket prep, bearded dragon bath, etc.

Man am I tired.

I was tired at your age, too. Today, 40 years later, I am tired as well. Even Ido not have so many species like before (8 reptile species and appr 60 inverts but many "high level") but during that time were time when I have had over 100 reptile species in breeding and 200 inverts (Ok, one decade i was professional until I found that it is beautiful hobby but pitty job). I believe I will ge tired at 80 (if I will live so long) for same reason, just with less species. To be tired is positive, you did something for your own small part of universe.

I'm going to order some snails to add to my bug farm as soon as the USDA approves my permit. Then I get to care for them as well. Going to try to get my Chinese mantids to breed this weekend, but since I don't know what I am doing, I will likely just end up with a blood bath. We shall see what happens.

here was my day today......

Wake up at 6:15....go to work

come home from work - feed and mist mantids, feed and mist isopods, feed silk worms, dump poo out of horn worm containers, feed chameleons, feed bearded dragon and give him meds. Put more house fly and bb fly pupae in deli cups.

Go to school

get home from school - feed roaches, crickets, silks, frogs, make horn worm food and pods, pick horn worm eggs off of tomato plant, collect silk eggs and prep for frig storage.

And that was an easy day - no gut-load prep, misting bucket prep, bearded dragon bath, etc.

Man am i tired.

i can relate!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

It feels that way sometimes. Especially for those of us that work and go to school. Keep at it though, I guarantee that life would be terribly boring without a decent hobby and pets. (Not if you have kids!) Hehe if you have kids then I suppose they fill in for hobbies and pets. There is of course the alternative....video games. I shudder, because although I play rarely. I see video games as a great way to pass hours 100% unproductively. Keep on trucking pal!

It feels that way sometimes. Especially for those of us that work and go to school. Keep at it though, I guarantee that life would be terribly boring without a decent hobby and pets. (Not if you have kids!) Hehe if you have kids then I suppose they fill in for hobbies and pets. There is of course the alternative....video games. I shudder, because although I play rarely. I see video games as a great way to pass hours 100% unproductively. Keep on trucking pal!

Luckily I don't have kids. I try really hard to make time for games though!!! I can't wait until I graduate and have more time for games. December can't get here fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom