I Always Wanted a Triceratops

But these guys will have to do:

Tri0003.jpg
[/IMG]

Tri0002.jpg
[/IMG]

Tri0001.jpg
[/IMG]

Lloyd your deremensis are great. i like the hardware inside the cages, really give then extra climbing locations. How long have you had them?

Stefan she isn't wearing lipstick, but she is out trolling for a mate.:D

One of the neat things about deremensis it they tell you what they want. Unlike some chams that you have to guess if they are receptive or not. you can tell a lot about about deremensis just by what they are doing or not doing. A deremensis can sit in one place forever. If you have a gravid female wandering a lot, time is up - no guess work - with in a week you get eggs.

Lloyd your deremensis are great. i like the hardware inside the cages, really give then extra climbing locations. How long have you had them?

Stefan she isn't wearing lipstick, but she is out trolling for a mate.:D

I got them yesterday!

I can't take credit for the hardware idea, it came with the second hand cages I bought from a member here.

You think she looks receptive? So far, he looks scared of her......

Be careful with housing them together, I have seen pairs become violent with each other but at the same time I have seen pairs do amazing together of course until the female becomes gravid and then she will let you know its time to get that male out of there. If he is scared of her now she may be gravid. Her coloration may not be showing due to the new surroundings.

She does look in the mood, you could see if they are interested but they may need time to settle in before they are ready to "be friends". They are both in a new place and that takes a while, be patient and give them a while. The being patient is a VERY hard part for me.:(

Wait, I missed that they are in the same cage. I would stop every thing and get them in separate cages. They are new and need time to adjust, two in one cage doesn't help that process as it stresses both of them. again this is only my opinion.

Last edited:
Be careful with housing them together, I have seen pairs become violent with each other but at the same time I have seen pairs do amazing together of course until the female becomes gravid and then she will let you know its time to get that male out of there. If he is scared of her now she may be gravid. Her coloration may not be showing due to the new surroundings.

She does look in the mood, you could see if they are interested but they may need time to settle in before they are ready to "be friends". They are both in a new place and that takes a while, be patient and give them a while. The being patient is a VERY hard part for me.:(

Wait, I missed that they are in the same cage. I would stop every thing and get them in separate cages. They are new and need time to adjust, two in one cage doesn't help that process as it stresses both of them. again this is only my opinion.

What would be her receptive vs gravid colors and behavior?

They are both in the first pic together....

They were caged together a couple of weeks at the store, I thought they would be used to it and I wanted to check for mating behavior. I need to figure out a cool spot to add another cage, if needed.

I would second the counsel to get them into separate cages as quickly as possible. I had a pair of deremensis some years back, and the female did not appreciate the presence of the male on a regular basis. In my experience, a happy deremensis is one which is bright green, as opposed to a dark green which usually indicates some level of discomfort.

Also, deremensis is a fairly shy species, and mine liked to live within dense foliage. If they had plenty of foliage to feel secure in, they were more likely to do things like eat from my hand.

Well, most the people in the thread seemed to agree that I should separate, so I did.

I will reintroduce in a day or so. She was gaping a bit at him, so I'm hoping she is already gravid.

He was hiding a lot but it might have been to avoid her.

She was not but we will see if they were just avoiding each other.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom