I’m bored!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Not much going on now. It’s getting colder here. It’s in the 60s during the day. I set my heater for 68 during the day and 65 at night. Eustis is still looking for love so he’s all over his cage. He’s still not eating much. Today he had one tiny cricket and 2 small silk worms. I think he ate them but not sure because I never saw him go to his dish but they disappeared. Maybe they just got out of the dish. It’s getting dark earlier to. Oh well, winter is on its way. Do I sound excited? I’m not! Lol!

Not much going on now. It’s getting colder here. It’s in the 60s during the day. I set my heater for 68 during the day and 65 at night. Eustis is still looking for love so he’s all over his cage. He’s still not eating much. Today he had one tiny cricket and 2 small silk worms. I think he ate them but not sure because I never saw him go to his dish but they disappeared. Maybe they just got out of the dish. It’s getting dark earlier to. Oh well, winter is on its way. Do I sound excited? I’m not! Lol!
Winter’s amazing! Not as good as fall and Halloween tho 😂 🎃

You´re feeding Eustis from a dish? Also tried other methods? Releasing one by one free range or release them against the screen? I notice that Sonny doesn´t eat easily from a dish. Can put it in and doesn´t eat and feeder in free range or move the dish in front of him and he eats. I think your boy is absolutely hungry, however they´re picky with the way of eating and not directly what they´re eating, at least this is my experience. Since I´ve noticed this and reacted to it, I see Sonny grow.

I’ve tried hand feeding, that was a resounding no! I’ve tried putting silkworms on his branches. I think that worked once. I haven’t tried a shooting gallery yet that’s my next step. The thing is I’ve had him for four months now and the first three months he ate out of the bird seed cup no problem. One day I’d give him all crickets, the next day all roaches, the third day all bsfl and then start over. This month I started mixing it up, I’d give him a couple crickets, a couple bsfl, and a couple roaches. He doesn’t seem to like that. He also just started roaming all over his cage including the walls and ceiling and he’s left me a couple of little sperm sacs on the branches as well. He’s a year old now and has reached sexual maturity and I’m not sure if he’s looking for a mate or what. Another thing is his ficus tree lost a lot of its leaves so you can see through it now and I’m not sure if that is freaking him out because it used to be so thick he could hide for hours and I couldn’t find him. It’s getting new leaves now and it’s growing but we have to wait til it starts to fill in again. Today I gave him 8 bsfl and that’s all. He went right to his dish and ate them all! Maybe he doesn’t like his food mixed up, who knows!

Got the same problem with the ficus 😕
I believe the roaming around during his sexual drive, could be immensely, check CA for his experience with them in this period.
Myself got the same issues regarding eating, he could leave a cup or shooting range uneaten for a few days and give him one free range bug and within seconds he eats it. I do got that feeling they like to hunt their prey down and they do it better then i.e. a Veiled. Also a Veiled doesn’t care how they get their food, as long as they get it. This could be that the bloodline of the Jackson is too close to wild caught and they still got their instincts. Try to trigger him with free range bugs by setting them free against the screen, only one at a time. Works with Sonny.

Tis the season--- My indoor and outdoor ficus lose almost all leaves as they go into hibernation.

Google search puts things better in words that I can.

((("Does a tree hibernate?
Trees begin to go dormant in the fall when environmental cues like cooler temperatures and shorter periods of daylight alert them to the necessity of scaling back in order to conserve their core resources. Trees do not make food in the winter.")))

Chams will slow down too.. Once they leave their basking sight it is fare game for feeding again.. JMO this time of the year I switch from 2 feeding a day to once or every other day. They don't mind and they seem less stressed when bugs are not roaming around and their not ready for breakfast, lunch or dinner.. (y) Poop slows down too--:)
Like today -- little on the rainy side but they love the cool humidity.

Got the same problem with the ficus 😕
I believe the roaming around during his sexual drive, could be immensely, check CA for his experience with them in this period.
Myself got the same issues regarding eating, he could leave a cup or shooting range uneaten for a few days and give him one free range bug and within seconds he eats it. I do got that feeling they like to hunt their prey down and they do it better then i.e. a Veiled. Also a Veiled doesn’t care how they get their food, as long as they get it. This could be that the bloodline of the Jackson is too close to wild caught and they still got their instincts. Try to trigger him with free range bugs by setting them free against the screen, only one at a time. Works with Sonny.
I think I’m going to get a shooting gallery type feeder. Maybe that will help.

Tis the season--- My indoor and outdoor ficus lose almost all leaves as they go into hibernation.

Google search puts things better in words that I can.

((("Does a tree hibernate?
Trees begin to go dormant in the fall when environmental cues like cooler temperatures and shorter periods of daylight alert them to the necessity of scaling back in order to conserve their core resources. Trees do not make food in the winter.")))

Chams will slow down too.. Once they leave their basking sight it is fare game for feeding again.. JMO this time of the year I switch from 2 feeding a day to once or every other day. They don't mind and they seem less stressed when bugs are not roaming around and their not ready for breakfast, lunch or dinner.. (y) Poop slows down too--:)
Like today -- little on the rainy side but they love the cool humidity.
I’ve wondered if the ficus was influenced by it being fall here. The temps are getting lower etc but it is still growing and getting new leaves, it’s just not as full as it used to be. I’ve never fertilized it though, I need to do that.

Back
Top Bottom