hygrometer and digital thermometer

whysoez420

I have a non digital zoo med hygrometer that just sticks to the cage and a digital thermometer with crappy suction cups and a probe. I'm assuming the best place for the hygrometer is mid to 3/4 of the way up the cage but what about the digital thermometer with the probe? Suction cups won't work on screen and the cord is so long to the probe I don't know what to do with it. Any help is appreciated thanks.

You can wrap the cord around whatever, and use itself to tie it to the object. You could use a zip tie, but then its a pain to move.

If by non-digital, you mean analogue, like a dial gauge, Id recommend putting it in your wallet.

That way, next time youre at a restaurant and you get a chair that wobbles, you can just slide that bad boy under one leg to even it out...

And it's ok if the cord and probe are just laying/hanging anywhere in the cage? It won't effect my cham at all?

You can wrap the cord around whatever, and use itself to tie it to the object. You could use a zip tie, but then its a pain to move.

If by non-digital, you mean analogue, like a dial gauge, Id recommend putting it in your wallet.

That way, next time youre at a restaurant and you get a chair that wobbles, you can just slide that bad boy under one leg to even it out...

Lmao yeah the humidity meter is just analogue. Is it inaccurate?

And it's ok if the cord and probe are just laying/hanging anywhere in the cage? It won't effect my cham at all?

Nope. Its an extremely low voltage current running through that thing, wouldnt hurt a fly.

He can climb all over it and everything, the only thing it may hurt is the overall aesthetic look of the enclosure.

Lmao yeah the humidity meter is just analogue. Is it inaccurate?

It most likely is, to an extreme extent.

If it isnt, they take so long to change to the current situation that it may as well not be there. ;)

I use zip ties to attach the probe cables to a branch or plant stem so it's looks a little cleaner and so they don't moved when my cham is climbing around. I also have two gauges, one digital thermometer at the basking spot and a digital thermometer/hygrometer lower in the cage so I can get an idea of the ambient temp and humidity level in the cage.

Which digital would you recommend? I need to buy one myself. Thanks.

Hahaha........................ I'm still laughing !!!!!! :D You hit the nail on the head with that post,I purchased 4 awhile back and put them all in the same spot and all showed different readings!!! I have tried a few digital as well and am not happy with any of them,got a good recommendation ? I'd love to hear it as I have thrown all of them in a box and don't know what to get next.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom