Hydration?

I have no issue what so ever with you posting relevant content to anyone’s thread for any reason. That’s what this site is for, the free exchange of information on how to keep our chams healthy.

My issue with your post is that you have not done an ounce of research on how waterfalls or fountains effect your Cham and your are telling a new owner to install a biological time bomb in his viv. I’m going to leave it at that for now, go do your research and then come back here and tell us what you learned.

@TheFishinaSuit - do not put a fountain in your viv.
Well for your information I know exactly what I'm doing, It's not a fountain were it's reservoir is wide open and uncovered free of poop to fall in it. It's clearly covered and there are clearly many chameleon owners who own this product I attached below which is where I got my idea/concept from. This Reptile Drinking Fountain and mine both feature continuous filtered flowing water for maintaining the health and well-being of all types of Chameleons. If you know how to clean and take care of something as simple as replacing a plastic container that cost $1.06 and can be replaced weekly/monthly. The filter in the pump will last a month or even two since it's crystal clear distilled water in it , it can be changed weekly. New filters are cheap. If one knows what they are doing then there are no issues, unless the owner in general just isn't built for cham keeping. A biological time bomb I think not!
71JPxe8WqOL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
There is no reason to chill, we just have a difference of opinion.
Watch out! This biological time bomb is about to explode Poor Cham. Looks happy to me

Btw: don't forget to checkout my other diy threads for a diy drain system as well as a diy misting system

Well for your information I know exactly what I'm doing, It's not a fountain were it's reservoir is wide open and uncovered free of poop to fall in it. It's clearly covered and there are clearly many chameleon owners who own this product I attached below which is where I got my idea/concept from. This Reptile Drinking Fountain and mine both feature continuous filtered flowing water for maintaining the health and well-being of all types of Chameleons. If you know how to clean and take care of something as simple as replacing a plastic container that cost $1.06 and can be replaced weekly/monthly. The filter in the pump will last a month or even two since it's crystal clear distilled water in it , it can be changed weekly. New filters are cheap. If one knows what they are doing then there are no issues, unless the owner in general just isn't built for cham keeping. A biological time bomb I think not! View attachment 210264

Watch out! This biological time bomb is about to explode Poor Cham. Looks happy to me

Btw: don't forget to checkout my other diy threads for a diy drain system as well as a diy misting system

I’m shocked that he is actually drinking from it, I’ll give you that. but that still doesn’t change the fact that they have no place in a viv. They cause far more damage than they are worth.

The filter in that pump will have exactly zero effect on bacteria which is the main concern with any type of recirculating water feature. I don’t care what kind of “cover” it has on it, bacteria are still going to find a way into it. It’s a cute idea and all but a Cham is never going to drink from that anyway. They are stimulated to drink by rainy conditions not some water splashing around in the corner. I’m sure your going to say that your Cham likes it and drinks from it all the time but I’ll believe that when I see it. Fell free to do as you wish but that doesn’t change the fact that a water feature has no place in a viv.
My Cham drinks from my hand, drinks from water droplets made from my diy misting system, he drinks from me spraying in the cage, comes to the screen and drinks as I spray, he drinks from his dripper. he eats from my hands even , sorry man, I don't have that problem. He will love his new fountain. And when he starts using it, I'll make sure to record it for you! : - )

I’m shocked that he is actually drinking from it, I’ll give you that. but that still doesn’t change the fact that they have no place in a viv. They cause far more damage than they are worth.
Your shocked because you don't think outside the box and think everything you read online is fact. Heres some more vids to blow your simple mind!

Your shocked because you don't think outside the box and think everything you read online is fact. Heres some more vids to blow your simple mind!

This isn’t about weather or not they use it, it’s about the bacteria in them, what don’t you get about that?

Back
Top Bottom