Hybrid enclosure or screen.

Sabra

Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get a panther chameleon sometime in the next year but what kind of enclosure: screen or hybrid. I live in Michigan not too far outside of Detroit so lower peninsula. I have been thinking hybrid but now I’m wondering if that’s the best way to go. Thank you for any and all advice. Also probably a Dragon Stand hybrid cage .?

I have 2 DS hybrids and one DS that I converted to the hybrid... I really prefer them. You have more control over humidity and ambient temps. Not only do they hold stable temps I can have a window open and it does not effect my temps in the enclosures. When the ambient room temp drops at night the chimney effect kicks in and you get the temp drop in the enclosures. They are also the best quality. You won't be disappointed. You can see mine here to get an idea of what you can do with them https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/10-4-20-updated-all-enclosures.52409/

That is not correct.
I am not sure what your actual experience level is with chameleons since you are a brand new member to this forum but you are incorrect. Hybrid cages are a totally different enclosure and very new to the market. We are not speaking about glass enclosures that have more limited airflow.

I am not sure what your actual experience level is with chameleons since you are a brand new member to this forum but you are incorrect. Hybrid cages are a totally different enclosure and very new to the market. We are not speaking about glass enclosures that have more limited airflow.
Sorry sir! Thought you were on about a glass enclosure.

So hybrids are awesome if you live somewhere like me in st louis. Winters cold summers hot. You can control heat and humidity alot easier with the hybrids. I love Bill's cages over at dragonstrand. I own his large atrium and his normal hybrids. They work amazing and the ledges allow for alot more plants. Screens do help with ventilation but his new design with acrylic fronts actually create like a chimney. I never have issues with hybrids when it comes to temps and humidity levels.

I have 2 DS hybrids and one DS that I converted to the hybrid... I really prefer them. You have more control over humidity and ambient temps. Not only do they hold stable temps I can have a window open and it does not effect my temps in the enclosures. When the ambient room temp drops at night the chimney effect kicks in and you get the temp drop in the enclosures. They are also the best quality. You won't be disappointed. You can see mine here to get an idea of what you can do with them https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/10-4-20-updated-all-enclosures.52409/
Your enclosures are very nice!!

Thanks hun! Dragon strand makes it so much easier to get the look you want. He has some build guides for set up on the chameleon academy page too.
Yeah sooo easy to set up

Attachments

• 20200803_191815.jpg
    20200803_191815.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 98
I’d go with screen. Chameleons are very curious little animals and really like to look around. The hybrid blocks their view from the back and the sides.

Yeah heres what my dad and I discovered. Wet have alot of reptibreeze and needed to control humidy better so did this

Attachments

• 20201031_225617.jpg
    20201031_225617.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20201031_225623.jpg
    20201031_225623.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20201031_225627.jpg
    20201031_225627.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 109
Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get a panther chameleon sometime in the next year but what kind of enclosure: screen or hybrid. I live in Michigan not too far outside of Detroit so lower peninsula. I have been thinking hybrid but now I’m wondering if that’s the best way to go. Thank you for any and all advice. Also probably a Dragon Stand hybrid cage .?
I think hybrids give you the most versatility, with respect to temp/humidity. That being said, the best way to decide on an enclosure type is to already know the precise ambient conditions of the room in which you intend to keep your Cham—this includes those conditions at different times a day. Compare those conditions to what your chameleon actually requires, then pick the enclosure type that will be help you hit those conditions. Note

Back
Top Bottom