HUSBANDRY TO COME, BUT.....

Cham1224

:unsure:
I think my girl is going to lay eggs very soon, I have prepared her cage with a laying bin but in doing so I think I just created more stress on her and am so nervous she is going to get egg bound. Also I just realized I gave her no other room at the bottom for live plants..( photos tomorrow ) I'm nervous to post them because I don't want to be Cham shamed lol. I now have a very large bin that has become her toilet. ( I know thats not good I am moving it out first thing in the morning ) and bought a bigger cage to make sure she is comfy. The new cage will have plenty of room for all things. (1) Will the move stress her more if she is close to laying eggs? (2) Can someone just come set it all up for me the right way...( foggers, misters. drippers, water management, plants, lights )
Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

I guess I should just fill this form out and post the photos...

Please, fill the form out and post pics. Just remember you are coming here for help and you will be given constructive criticism. If she is close to laying eggs she will need privacy. Adding the laybin and late in the game will cause extra stress but hopefully you have time. That’s why we tell members to add it in the beginning and make it a permanent part of the enclosure. They are very sensitive to change and it takes a little bit for them to adjust.

:unsure:
I think my girl is going to lay eggs very soon, I have prepared her cage with a laying bin but in doing so I think I just created more stress on her and am so nervous she is going to get egg bound. Also I just realized I gave her no other room at the bottom for live plants..( photos tomorrow ) I'm nervous to post them because I don't want to be Cham shamed lol. I now have a very large bin that has become her toilet. ( I know thats not good I am moving it out first thing in the morning ) and bought a bigger cage to make sure she is comfy. The new cage will have plenty of room for all things. (1) Will the move stress her more if she is close to laying eggs? (2) Can someone just come set it all up for me the right way...( foggers, misters. drippers, water management, plants, lights )
Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

I guess I should just fill this form out and post the photos...
I recommend setting up her new enclosure first and then transferring once her new enclosure is finished. Also cham shamed is not the word for it I’d say more like needed criticism in order for your cham to live a good life etc...Don’t be afraid you need to get criticism to do better and get the necessary answers/advice
You’ll need a light either a Arcadia 6% or t5ho 5.0 linear uvb at least 24” the links are below
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html
The cage should be at least 2x2x4 or bigger since bigger is always better! Fill out the form below please so someone can review it. @janjan20 is right as well 🙂

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

If you are willing and able to make changes, no one should be shaming you. You will get a lot of criticism and hopefully you are able to act on it. 😊

I was super nervous when I first posted too. But people were actually kinder and more helpful than I thought they would be; but, I made the important changes quickly, and my chameleons have thrived thanks to this site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom