Husbandry Review

Kktoledo

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? : Veiled Chameleon, Female, around 8 months I think, And she has been in my care since November. The age I am uncertain because the last owner didn't know either.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? : Once a week or every other two weeks. I do my best to give her space.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?: Crickets are main, she eats 8-10, I usually give her two dubias. She just started eating phoenix worms, hornworms, and super worms. I tend to give her about one each day expect hornworms and reduce the amounts of crickets. Gut loaded mainly carrots and mustard greens. Sometimes berries as well. She also eats leaves from her tree just saw her do it so she just reminded me.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?: Repticalcium with no d3 daily, with d3 every other Sunday, Zoo Med vitamins without d3 on the other Sundays.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?: I mist her two twice a day for two minutes and sometimes i mist her an extra time but rarely.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?: She poops on a regular basis. The urate seems a good white color and her poop size is fine. She hasn't been tested yet.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I have no history from the last owner other than she wasn't being cared for that well.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - It is a screen cage 16 x 16x 30. She is getting her upgrade this week, it will be a 36x18x36.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?: I use a 60-watt basking light and a 5.0 UVB linear light. 8: 00 am-8:00 pm.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Basking spot around 85 and at night it is around the low 70s. I have the laser temp gun and a thermometer
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?: I have a plant and the misting keeps it at around 30 throughout the day then I use a humidifier at night to get it higher. I have a thermometer that shows the highest humidity and the lowest.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?: Yes, I have a benjamin ficus planning on getting more when I get her new enclosure.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?: At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?: Located on the side of my room by a window that is kept shut all day. No fans on and no vents near her. I'm out most of the day so the door is kept closed and she is unbothered until I get home.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?: Tempe, Arizona.
No concerns just want to make sure everything is right and if I need to make changes. I tried to get a good picture but no sucess.

Attachments

• IMG_7541.jpg
    IMG_7541.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7546.jpg
    IMG_7546.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 91
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? : Veiled Chameleon, Female, around 8 months I think, And she has been in my care since November. The age I am uncertain because the last owner didn't know either. Female veileds can lay eggs without having been mated...she should have a lay bin in her cage at all times so she has a proper place to lay the eggs.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? : Once a week or every other two weeks. I do my best to give her space.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?: Crickets are main, she eats 8-10, I usually give her two dubias. She just started eating phoenix worms, hornworms, and super worms. I tend to give her about one each day expect hornworms and reduce the amounts of crickets. Gut loaded mainly carrots and mustard greens. Sometimes berries as well. She also eats leaves from her tree just saw her do it so she just reminded me. you could add kale, collards, dandelion greens, endive, escarole, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, zucchini, squash, melon, apples, pears, etc to the gutload. She should be fed every second day not every day if she's full grown.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?: Repticalcium with no d3 daily, with d3 every other Sunday, Zoo Med vitamins without d3 on the other Sundays.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?: I mist her two twice a day for two minutes and sometimes i mist her an extra time but rarely. Adripper would be a good addition. A deli cup with a small hole in the bottom would be good enough.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?: She poops on a regular basis. The urate seems a good white color and her poop size is fine. She hasn't been tested yet.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I have no history from the last owner other than she wasn't being cared for that well.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - It is a screen cage 16 x 16x 30. She is getting her upgrade this week, it will be a 36x18x36.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?: I use a 60-watt basking light and a 5.0 UVB linear light. 8: 00 am-8:00 pm.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Basking spot around 85 and at night it is around the low 70s. I have the laser temp gun and a thermometer
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?: I have a plant and the misting keeps it at around 30 throughout the day then I use a humidifier at night to get it higher. I have a thermometer that shows the highest humidity and the lowest.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?: Yes, I have a benjamin ficus planning on getting more when I get her new enclosure.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?: At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?: Located on the side of my room by a window that is kept shut all day. No fans on and no vents near her. I'm out most of the day so the door is kept closed and she is unbothered until I get home. If your temperatures are cold at night I would try to move the cage away from the window.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?: Tempe, Arizona.
No concerns just want to make sure everything is right and if I need to make changes. I tried to get a good picture but no sucess.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, I have the stuff for the laying bin ready to be added when the new cage gets in this week. The reason I am still feeding her daily is that it seems like she is always hungry and since I am not sure of her age I didn't know if to keep feeding her daily or not. Also, when I run to the store later I will get some more veggies for the feeders. Thank you for your feedback, I will make the changes!

Thank you, I have the stuff for the laying bin ready to be added when the new cage gets in this week. The reason I am still feeding her daily is that it seems like she is always hungry and since I am not sure of her age I didn't know if to keep feeding her daily or not. Also, when I run to the store later I will get some more veggies for the feeders. Thank you for your feedback, I will make the changes!
Welcome to the forum! Thank you very much for filling out the husbandry form; it’s a great way to introduce yourself and your Cham. Congrats on a female veiled: I have a soft spot for them. I don’t have much to add to @kinyonga ’s suggestions, so good job!

@kinyonga I decided to follow your input on the feeding today and didn't feed her since I fed her yesterday. I think she officially hates me. She has been hangry all day.

Back
Top Bottom