Husbandry form

Birdy93

Your Chameleon - Veiled, Male (Tauri)10 months, Female (Pleiades) about 2 months. Ive had them both for 3 weeks now.
Handling - I haven't handled them much. letting them adjust to their new homes.
Feeding - Crickets, dubia roaches, fruit flies. Tauri has eaten a few horn worms and orange pieces right out of my hand. I feed Tauri as many bugs as he will eat in one sitting every other day. Pleiades has a constant supply of crickets dubias and fruit flies. i have a variety of vegetables and fruit pureed and frozed into cubes, i also have flukers high calcium cricket food and i give the bugs fresh veg every other day.
Supplements - i give them Repashy supercal noD with every feeding. ive been supplementing them with Herpivite multivitamins every other wednesday then Zoo med Repti calcium with d3 on alternating wednesdays. I gave Pleiades Flukers Repta boost when i first got her. i was noticing her eyes were closed more than they should have been. I read thats from Vit A deficiency.
Watering -I spray their cages about 30 minutes after i turn their lights on. i also put several ice cubes on top of their cages for a water supply. their lights melt the ice for dripping water. i mist them 2-3 times a day for about 30-45 seconds with a hand sprayer. i feel like theyre kinda she so i dont stay to watch them drink. i feel my presence disturbs them. lol. but i will be keeping an eye out for that now.
Fecal Description - Dark kinda like raisins and white slimy . Neither have been tested as far as i know
Cage Info: Tauris cage is a 2x2x4 screen mesh cage. Pleiades' cage is a 18x18x24 screen mesh there is a constant exposure to my pink grow lights. Tauri seems to want to crawl on the pink lights. lol
Lighting -Zoomed os36 T8 reptisun uvb 10.0 ho 25 w light for Tauri, Pleiades has a 22inch arcadia t5 ho. Hers has to be replaced here soon. I do have a solar meter 6.5 so i am able to check them regularly. I turn their lights on around 9 am and off about 9 pm.
Temperature - Pleiades cage ranges from 67 to 82. with an ambient temp of 78. Lowest overnight temp is 60. Tauris cage ranges from 64 to 93 with an ambient temp of 78 as well. lowest over night temp is also 60. i have a Kizen temp gun. as well as a hygrometer in each cage. i also have a temp probe in Pleiades' basking spot.
Humidity - 48% humidity with spikes up to 70 percent when sprayed. I have both chams in my plant room. so there is a constant ambient humidity range from 50-60%? I have several Hygrometers placed within their cages and around the room they live in.
Plants - I have Dracaenas and umbrellas in both cages. i also have a citrus tree, bromeliad pony tail palm, and monstera in Tauris cage.
Placement -Both cages are in a room that is not highly used. the room has been a plant room for several years now. no drafts of heat vents blowing on or near either chameleon. we have 7ft ceilings, so Tauri is as high is he can go while still having his uvb and heat lamp on and attached to his cage. Pleiades could be higher up. The top of her cage is about 5 ft off the ground. i still have some rearranging to do!
Location - Nevada USA?
Current Problem - Tauri is staying on the darker side of his coloring with dark spots. i feel like maybe its been stressful changing homes and being fed completely different. but he is eating the bugs right from my fingers. Pleiades wont eat from my fingers yet, so i have a food dish in her cage. i have seen her gain weight and her eyes are open all of the time that im around her now. so im thinking the reptaboost helped! she looked dehydrated too (sunken eyes) but now they are full!
Are the pink lights okay for them?

Attachments

• cham19.jpg
    cham19.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 117
  • cham20.jpg
    cham20.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 113
  • chammm.jpg
    chammm.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 110
  • chammmmmm.jpg
    chammmmmm.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 112
  • cham 1stday3.jpg
    cham 1stday3.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 102
  • cham 1stday1.jpg
    cham 1stday1.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 108
  • cham 22.jpg
    cham 22.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 106
First set of photos was Tauri, here is Pleiades.

Attachments

• cham15.jpg
    cham15.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 104
  • cham16.jpg
    cham16.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 111
  • cham18.jpg
    cham18.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 122
  • P 1stday.jpg
    P 1stday.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 114
  • p 1stday1.jpg
    p 1stday1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 107
  • p 1 week.jpg
    p 1 week.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 103
  • p temp.jpg
    p temp.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 1 month.jpg
    1 month.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 102
I’m not sure about the pink lights at all. Chameleons have pretty sensitive eyes and colored lights usually aren’t recommended. Your little lady’s eyes look a bit sunken in...sign of dehydration. What color are her urates? She also looks quite thin. Temps should really be lower for your boy. I keep my guy at 80-82. Actually, all husbandry should be the same for both right now. As your girl reaches maturity you’ll want to feed her less and keep her temps no higher than 80 to help reduce egg production and laying frequency.

Your Chameleon - Veiled, Male (Tauri)10 months, Female (Pleiades) about 2 months. Ive had them both for 3 weeks now.
Handling - I haven't handled them much. letting them adjust to their new homes.
Feeding - Crickets, dubia roaches, fruit flies. Tauri has eaten a few horn worms and orange pieces right out of my hand. I feed Tauri as many bugs as he will eat in one sitting every other day. Pleiades has a constant supply of crickets dubias and fruit flies. i have a variety of vegetables and fruit pureed and frozed into cubes, i also have flukers high calcium cricket food and i give the bugs fresh veg every other day.
Supplements - i give them Repashy supercal noD with every feeding. ive been supplementing them with Herpivite multivitamins every other wednesday then Zoo med Repti calcium with d3 on alternating wednesdays. I gave Pleiades Flukers Repta boost when i first got her. i was noticing her eyes were closed more than they should have been. I read thats from Vit A deficiency.
Watering -I spray their cages about 30 minutes after i turn their lights on. i also put several ice cubes on top of their cages for a water supply. their lights melt the ice for dripping water. i mist them 2-3 times a day for about 30-45 seconds with a hand sprayer. i feel like theyre kinda she so i dont stay to watch them drink. i feel my presence disturbs them. lol. but i will be keeping an eye out for that now.
Fecal Description - Dark kinda like raisins and white slimy . Neither have been tested as far as i know
Cage Info: Tauris cage is a 2x2x4 screen mesh cage. Pleiades' cage is a 18x18x24 screen mesh there is a constant exposure to my pink grow lights. Tauri seems to want to crawl on the pink lights. lol
Lighting -Zoomed os36 T8 reptisun uvb 10.0 ho 25 w light for Tauri, Pleiades has a 22inch arcadia t5 ho. Hers has to be replaced here soon. I do have a solar meter 6.5 so i am able to check them regularly. I turn their lights on around 9 am and off about 9 pm. I'm tagging @Beman to talk to you about the lights...she does it better than I do.
Temperature - Pleiades cage ranges from 67 to 82. with an ambient temp of 78. Lowest overnight temp is 60. Tauris cage ranges from 64 to 93 with an ambient temp of 78 as well. lowest over night temp is also 60. i have a Kizen temp gun. as well as a hygrometer in each cage. i also have a temp probe in Pleiades' basking spot.
Humidity - 48% humidity with spikes up to 70 percent when sprayed. I have both chams in my plant room. so there is a constant ambient humidity range from 50-60%? I have several Hygrometers placed within their cages and around the room they live in.
Plants - I have Dracaenas and umbrellas in both cages. i also have a citrus tree, bromeliad pony tail palm, and monstera in Tauris cage.
Placement -Both cages are in a room that is not highly used. the room has been a plant room for several years now. no drafts of heat vents blowing on or near either chameleon. we have 7ft ceilings, so Tauri is as high is he can go while still having his uvb and heat lamp on and attached to his cage. Pleiades could be higher up. The top of her cage is about 5 ft off the ground. i still have some rearranging to do!
Location - Nevada USA?
Current Problem - Tauri is staying on the darker side of his coloring with dark spots. i feel like maybe its been stressful changing homes and being fed completely different. but he is eating the bugs right from my fingers. Pleiades wont eat from my fingers yet, so i have a food dish in her cage. i have seen her gain weight and her eyes are open all of the time that im around her now. so im thinking the reptaboost helped! she looked dehydrated too (sunken eyes) but now they are full!
Are the pink lights okay for them? I would likely move the pink lights.

WIth a T8 10.0 bulb you want distance to basking to be about 6-8 inches... Basically where their back rises up.
With the T5 if it is a 5.0 bulb you want a full 8-9 inches to the basking branch below the fixture. If it is a 10.0 bulb you need a full 12 inches so I would drop back to a 5.0 bulb if that is the case.

Your temps are too hot for your male... Very max temp should be 85 but most of us keep ours at 80.

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

Can they see each other when in their cages?
Not sure if the pink lights are too bright for them or not.
WIth a T8 10.0 bulb you want distance to basking to be about 6-8 inches... Basically where their back rises up.
With the T5 if it is a 5.0 bulb you want a full 8-9 inches to the basking branch below the fixture. If it is a 10.0 bulb you need a full 12 inches so I would drop back to a 5.0 bulb if that is the case.

Your temps are too hot for your male... Very max temp should be 85 but most of us keep ours at 80.

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
I have a solar meter. What reading should that give me for Tauri’s cage? His range is 1.3 to 2.2 it’s about 8-9 inches above his basking branch. What should both of their uv readings be? I’ve adjusted her bulb to a 60 w daylight blue. And His to a smaller mercury bulb. I’m temping and adjusting the light heights for the perfect temp for them both as we speak

Can they see each other when in their cages?
Not sure if the pink lights are too bright for them or not.
I have a burlap screen on the outside of his cage to keep his from seeing her. I could definitely make it block them from each other a little more

I have a solar meter. What reading should that give me for Tauri’s cage? His range is 1.3 to 2.2 it’s about 8-9 inches above his basking branch. What should both of their uv readings be? I’ve adjusted her bulb to a 60 w daylight blue. And His to a smaller mercury bulb. I’m temping and adjusting the light heights for the perfect temp for them both as we speak
You want a 3.0 UVI level at the basking branch... The issue with the mercury vapor bulb is that they produce much hotter temps to get the right UVI level. I would switch the fixture over to a t5ho with a 5.0 bulb.

Basking Temp for a female would be 78-80max and the temp for a male would be 80-82.

Back
Top Bottom