husbandry check

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
So as some of you may know on sunday i'm getting my 3rd chameleon Jango (or Django) on sunday. I just want to make sure everything is ready for him and there are no minor issues.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? - Male panther I would say 4-6 months? what do you guys think?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? - N/A
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? - I'll feed him maybe 10 feeders a day at his age then shorten it down as he gets older. Dubias, silkworms, locusts, waxworms, and bsfl gut loaded with mulberry, kale, lettuce, and other veggies (no spinach)
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? - Vetark calci dust no d3 every feeding and multivit w/ d3 every sunday
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I'll mist him 2-3 times a day for a minute each
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? N/A
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. N/A
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? exo terra 60x45x90 class combo and a 140 cm ficus for free range
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 75w heating lamp and arcadia 24" 5.0 T5HO uvb fixture
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? N/A but i plan to have it high 70's to mid 80's
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? N/A but hygrometer ordered and I hope for it to bet 40-50%
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? pothos, corn plant, ficus and mini lemon. Fake vines with suction cups only on the sides
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? It's pretty high up and pretty high traffic I hope he's not an "angry" cham
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? uk

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.02.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.02.07 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Fake vines with suction cups only on the sides
Careful with fake vines. Panthers go through a stage where they will chew on their branches...
multivit w/ d3 every sunday
What is the exact Multi with D3 Your using? I would be hesitant on using this every week. Especially since he will be getting proper UVB from lighting for D3 conversion.

Everything else looks good.

Careful with fake vines. Panthers go through a stage where they will chew on their branches...

What is the exact Multi with D3 Your using? I would be hesitant on using this every week. Especially since he will be getting proper UVB from lighting for D3 conversion.

Everything else looks good.
vetark nutrobal

Yeah i'll do that. In the past I've had a very loose schedule; sometimes i'd do every two weeks, sometimes i'd do every week, sometimes i'd so like once a month even

Yeah i'll do that. In the past I've had a very loose schedule; sometimes i'd do every two weeks, sometimes i'd do every week, sometimes i'd so like once a month even
Yeah sooo IMO supplements should not have a loose schedule. It will impact the cham. They need the supplements so staying on a schedule is important. Calcium without D3 every feeding then Multivitamin with D3 two times a month. Because our feeders do not have everything they need we have to supplement to ensure they are getting proper amounts. Under supplementing can be just as bad as over supplementing when it comes to the health of the cham.

Back
Top Bottom