Husbandry check

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
Since the new arrival of Bandit i figured its time for a husbandry check for the cages i am setting up.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Bandit, Male veiled chameleon, about 2 years old had for a day
  • Handling - only once so far planning to handle every week to get him used to me but only after hes acclimated to the surroundings for 2-3 weeks.
  • Feeding - dubia roaches, crickets, super worms, hornworms, silks, once every other day in the morning at 630 gutloaded with carrots and collard greens and sometimes fruit
  • Supplements - Zoo med no d3 calcium, repashy calcium with d3, reptivite. no d3 every day, d3 every other week, multivitamin alternating every other week
  • Watering - Misting and dripper. mist for 2 mins three times a day and drip for school hours so i can make sure they always have water.
  • Fecal Description - have not had a fecal yet
  • History - rescued from a local friend whom wasnt able to take care of him properly due to a situation

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2x2x4 reptibreeze
  • Lighting - came with a double dome uvb but changing to t5ho linear 10.0 or 12% 12 hours on 12 hours off
  • Temperature - will be 90 basking to 70 ambient measured with a temp gun
  • Humidity - hydrometer used to measure, will be 30-40 during the day and 70-100 at night
  • Plants - will use pothos, ficus, hibiscus, schefflera, and more, havent decided all yet.
  • Placement - going to be located about 3 ft from the ground not near vents or air drafts
  • Location - germantown MD

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Apollo male veiled chameleon about 5 or 6
  • Handling - every week to every other week, i only handle if he wants too
  • Feeding - dubia roaches, crickets, super worms, hornworms, silks, once every other day in the morning at 630 gutloaded with carrots and collard greens and sometimes fruit
  • Supplements - Zoo med no d3 calcium, repashy calcium with d3, reptivite. no d3 every day, d3 every other week, multivitamin alternating every other week
  • Watering - Misting and dripper. mist for 2 mins three times a day and drip for school hours so i can make sure they always have water.
  • Fecal Description - cream urates with dark brown poops
  • History - Also a rescue, been through 4 owners, previously has had prolapse issues.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2x2x4 zoo med
  • Lighting - t5ho linear 10.0 uvb 12 hrs on 12 hours off
  • Temperature - 90 basking to 70 ambient with temp gun
  • Humidity - Hydrometer 30-40 during the day 70-100 at night
  • Plants - pothos ficus shefflera hibiscus and more possibly, havent decided
  • Placement -3 feet from the floor not near vents or air drafts
  • Location - Germantown maryland
would love some constructive criticism from everyone on how to make the care the best it can be!!!

Good variety on diet ! The temp guns are great but look into a probe for your basking area it measures the air temp not surface temps. They are inexpensive on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom