Husbandry check. Don’t be too rough :)

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?Panther chameleon(ambanja-ambilobe) around 6 months,male, I had him for three months.
• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?Every day he gets on his own to my hand and I get him on big plants in my house.
• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?3-4 medium-large dubias or redrunner roaches or crickets and 1-2 superworms. I gut load them usually with carrots and salad.
• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?Have a mixture out of vitamin A vitamin E and calcium and really small portion of vitamin D3. Powder two large crickets every 4 days something like that..
• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist his enclosure 4-5 times a day and when I turn from spray to stream and start spraying on one leaf he drinks from it everyday 3-4 times. I have a humidifier too.
• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Dark brown poop with white thing(urine?) 1/3 size of the brown part. He’s not tested for parasites.
• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Nope I Live in Serbia and we don’t have panthers here at all I was trying to get one and I did but I don’t know even from what country he was brought in..

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Pressed wood board. Terrarium is placed on shelf wich is 70cm tall. Terrarium is 100cm tall 60cm wide and 50cm deep.
• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?80w basking light and T5 uv light. Turns on in 9 am turns off in 9pm.
• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Basking spot 33c middle of the cage 26c and bottom around 23-24c.Lowest overnight temp 20c.
• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?On the basking spot 30-40%, in the middle 50-60% and on the bottom 60-80%. I have a humidifier and I myst a lot.
• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?Benjamin ficus and a lot of fern. Rest is fake.
• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?Its in my room between big doors window and one roof small window. 170cm.
• Location - Where are you geographically located? Serbia, Novi Sad.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Nothing special to worry about just how can I mantain a bigger humidity without so much coming to enclosure to myst it by hand.

You said..."Have a mixture out of vitamin A vitamin E and calcium and really small portion of vitamin D3. Powder two large crickets every 4 days something like that"...it's recommended that you dust at all feedings but 4 a month with a phos free calcium powder lightly and on two of the 4 remaining days, a week apart, dust with a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly and on the other two days, two weeks apart, dust with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene source of vitamin A you may want to dust once in a while with a small amount of a prEformed vitamin A. D3 and prEformed vitamin A are fat soluble and can build up in the system and lead to health issues. They are also antagonistic to each other and need to be in balance.

You said "when I turn from spray to stream and start spraying on one leaf he drinks from it everyday 3-4 times" ...why not set up a dripper instead. Spraying water with force onto a plant leaf may cause some of it to bounce into his mouth and down his windpipe.

You said..."Have a mixture out of vitamin A vitamin E and calcium and really small portion of vitamin D3. Powder two large crickets every 4 days something like that"...it's recommended that you dust at all feedings but 4 a month with a phos free calcium powder lightly and on two of the 4 remaining days, a week apart, dust with a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly and on the other two days, two weeks apart, dust with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene source of vitamin A you may want to dust once in a while with a small amount of a prEformed vitamin A. D3 and prEformed vitamin A are fat soluble and can build up in the system and lead to health issues. They are also antagonistic to each other and need to be in balance.

You said "when I turn from spray to stream and start spraying on one leaf he drinks from it everyday 3-4 times" ...why not set up a dripper instead. Spraying water with force onto a plant leaf may cause some of it to bounce into his mouth and down his windpipe.
I made one but he wasn’t. interested I will put it in again.Thanks for vitamins tips!

Are humidity levels ok?

Attachments

• 4E7718A0-C258-4ECF-A1C9-83E1B81B20B4.jpeg
    4E7718A0-C258-4ECF-A1C9-83E1B81B20B4.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 17FE855B-42CC-430D-B29B-36F55407B243.jpeg
    17FE855B-42CC-430D-B29B-36F55407B243.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 8453E3B2-E4C0-4DC9-A4E3-ACDEBBE6F602.jpeg
    8453E3B2-E4C0-4DC9-A4E3-ACDEBBE6F602.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 136
  • DBA16DAC-3CEB-44AB-8BD1-09E4F3E2ED0E.jpeg
    DBA16DAC-3CEB-44AB-8BD1-09E4F3E2ED0E.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 3891DF08-7E0F-469E-A080-4555348D2129.jpeg
    3891DF08-7E0F-469E-A080-4555348D2129.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 100
  • F7EF7483-B257-45EF-B3E3-ED1C938307C8.jpeg
    F7EF7483-B257-45EF-B3E3-ED1C938307C8.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 84
So the tape around the feeder has got to go. It is dangerous to use sticky material as your chameleon can get stuck. Also I am very worried that your lights are inside your cage. This is very likely to cause your chameleon burns.
I'll leave the rest to someone more knowledgeable
He cant reach basking bulb. I taped edges of plastic so his tongue doesn’t get cut, it’s not sticky on the outside.

He cant reach basking bulb. I taped edges of plastic so his tongue doesn’t get cut, it’s not sticky on the outside.
@AmandaS is 100% correct on the tape. The humidity and moisture can make that tape peel up. If the chameleon gets attached to it then you are dealing with an extremely dangerous situation. You can melt the edge of the plastic with a lighter by just running it along the edge to remove the sharp sections.

He may not be able to touch the bulb but depending on how close any perches are he may get so get so close that he still gets burned by the heat. You should measure the temperature anyplace he can sit that is close to the bulb while the light is on to make sure it isn't too hot.

Watch the pressed wood cage sides very closely for rot and mold. Is the wood coated with anything to protect it from water? I couldn't see from your pictures whether there is any ventilation screen on this cage anywhere. You do need some air exchange or you could end up with a cage that stays too warm and too humid.

He may not be able to touch the bulb but depending on how close any perches are he may get so get so close that he still gets burned by the heat. You should measure the temperature anyplace he can sit that is close to the bulb while the light is on to make sure it isn't too hot.

Watch the pressed wood cage sides very closely for rot and mold. Is the wood coated with anything to protect it from water? I couldn't see from your pictures whether there is any ventilation screen on this cage anywhere. You do need some air exchange or you could end up with a cage that stays too warm and too humid.
Man who sells me food and sold me two chameleons made me this enclosure. I honestly think its not the best work. Enclosure has two big squares with metal net on the sides so theres good ventilation. Im going to meet a woman which makes custom enclosures and she will make bioactive enclosure about 2 meters tall and 1 meter wide and deep. I just need to see what plants should I use. I will get the feeder fixed. Sry if my grammar is not the best.

I'm still leary of that cage too lol.

I know it's a very common cage design in the UK (betting you live over the pond?)

But my experience with OSB is that stuff don't take much to swell and bust.

Glad your getting a new one.

I'm still leary of that cage too lol.

I know it's a very common cage design in the UK (betting you live over the pond?)

But my experience with OSB is that stuff don't take much to swell and bust.

Glad your getting a new one.
Actually I live in Serbia hahaha. Yeah I will go make a new one with that woman when this covid-19 bs is over.

Back
Top Bottom