Hungry!

JustJay

Should I limit the amount of crickets I feed my lil 4 month old male veiled because he seems to keep wanting to eat non stop!!? Like he never seems to get fulfilled! And I give him like 20!! Or should I just give him more!?

Feed him as much as he will eat in a couple of minutes at each feeding and leave a cricket or two in the cage for a snack. If you need him as much as he will eat he may end up fat.

Also my lil guy is super mean!! Why is that? Lol... Like I've had him since the 11th I've handled him 4 times and one of em was today to see if he's warmed up a bit but he still hates me lol will he grow out of that or will I just have a grumpy cham forever? I'm honestly fine with that but the idea of him crawling out onto my arm seemed cool.

Also my lil guy is super mean!! Why is that? Lol... Like I've had him since the 11th I've handled him 4 times and one of em was today to see if he's warmed up a bit but he still hates me lol will he grow out of that or will I just have a grumpy cham forever? I'm honestly fine with that but the idea of him crawling out onto my arm seemed cool.
He may very well just be a grumpy cham, but theres blogs online that show ways to try to get your cham to warm up to you. For instance, move slowly, try to associate your hand only with food for awhile, don't stare at him too much through the cage, eventually when he grows up he should stop being as afraid of you. Alot of people recommend hand feeding to have them warm up to you, hold some food close to him for as long as it takes for him too get it out of your hand. Do that enough, and he may eventually walk onto your hand and up your arm!

He may very well just be a grumpy cham, but theres blogs online that show ways to try to get your cham to warm up to you. For instance, move slowly, try to associate your hand only with food for awhile, don't stare at him too much through the cage, eventually when he grows up he should stop being as afraid of you. Alot of people recommend hand feeding to have them warm up to you, hold some food close to him for as long as it takes for him too get it out of your hand. Do that enough, and he may eventually walk onto your hand and up your arm!
Lol well hopefully... I'm starting to think he's just mean because he does take food of my hand he just doesn't like being on it lol

He is still getting used to his environment,like others said he will need sometime to adjust n settle for u,keep feeding the hungry guy so he can become a big n strong veiled male and usually veiled has that aggressive personality,basically he just want to have his own space like the alpha male.

Back
Top Bottom