Hunger strike?

yodathepanther

Established Member
So yoda my 6-7 month old panther has been refusing food ever since i ran out of hornworms he would usually eat 5 crickets 4-5 roaches and a horn worm a little bit after every other day because i felt like he was getting to that stage and he was getting pretty plump. But ever since i ran out he hasnt been eating much the past week ive gotten him to eat mayb a total of 5 roach a some crickets? What could be causing this hes never had a problem eating ever, even when i fed him everyday he would always eat. Should i try and go 2-3 days no food and see if how he reacts when i give him food again?

You may have spoiled him with the hornworms, this is a common theme they can become quite picky and accustomed to a certain food. I wouldnt worry if hes still eating a little bit here and there. I would try and fast him for 3 days and then introduce a food that moves quickly, such as crickets or orange heads. Should get him back to a regular feeding routine.

Yeah that has to be the case i got a 25 from the expo he went through them pretty quick. Thanks for the advice also another question i havent seen answered or brought up much is there any safe rope i can add for my enlcousers theyd be high near the basking light so i dont think mold would happen.

Yeah that has to be the case i got a 25 from the expo he went through them pretty quick. Thanks for the advice also another question i havent seen answered or brought up much is there any safe rope i can add for my enlcousers theyd be high near the basking light so i dont think mold would happen.
100% cotton rope. You can also cover it in silicone and substrate to make your own vines

Ohh i like that idea what kinda substrate like eco earth i feel like itd fall off after getting wet?
You really work in the aquarium safe silicone and then really work in the substrate, like eco earth, coco coir, jungle mix, etc, into the rope, then let the silicone dry and cure.

You really work in the aquarium safe silicone and then really work in the substrate, like eco earth, coco coir, jungle mix, etc, into the rope, then let the silicone dry and cure.
Sorry, I feel like I worded that weird:
Materials Needed:
-aquarium-safe silicone
-100% cotton rope
-substrate (coco fiber/Eco Earth/Jungle Mix/Reptisoil/etc.)
1) really work the silicone into the rope in one section
2) really work the substrate into the rope section covered in silicone
3) repeat until piece is finished
4) leave out for silicone to cure

Sorry, I feel like I worded that weird:
Materials Needed:
-aquarium-safe silicone
-100% cotton rope
-substrate (coco fiber/Eco Earth/Jungle Mix/Reptisoil/etc.)
1) really work the silicone into the rope in one section
2) really work the substrate into the rope section covered in silicone
3) repeat until piece is finished
4) leave out for silicone to cure
Have you done any i wanna see what it looks like i gotta give this a try in my free time though!!

Back
Top Bottom