Humidty issues

Zebenox

I'm struggling to get my humidty above 40% for any part of the day (even at night). I've closed in 3 sides of the cage with a shower curtain and have a humidifier running. I'm starting to think my hydrometer is faulty. It's a thermo-hygrometer and thermometer part seems to work just fine. Any other tips on how to get my humidty up at night?
IMG_20191231_142604_011.jpg

Try putting the hygrometer INSIDE the enclosure and give it a few minutes. Don’t keep it in there permanently as water will ruin it. Most dual thermometer/hygrometers use the probe for temps and the device itself for the hygrometer.

Try putting the hygrometer INSIDE the enclosure and give it a few minutes. Don’t keep it in there permanently as water will ruin it. Most dual thermometer/hygrometers use the probe for temps and the device itself for the hygrometer.

Oh my God, seriously? I feel like a moron lol. I just assumed the probe would measure both.... good God. The "inside" measurement is the probe and the "outside" is the base. So why on earth would it measure "outside" humidty? That seems dumb. I'm salty that I'm dumb. Don't mind me.

30-40 percent during the day is good. You shouldn't run the fogger during the day, but you can run It during the cooler parts of the night.. it should be 70-100 during the night.

30-40 percent during the day is good. You shouldn't run the fogger during the day, but you can run It during the cooler parts of the night.. it should be 70-100 during the night.

Yep I know that much. But since my hydrometer showed a max of like 45% I started experimenting today. But apparently I'm just a dumb dumb that doesn't know how to use a hygrometer properly... hopefully that tidbit of knowledge fixes my likely imaginary problem

Glad it was just human error ;) If it makes you feel better, you’re not the first person to make this mistake hehe

Back
Top Bottom