Humidity

Ive paid 230 pound for the viv an 40 pound for a courier to get it here. Obv theres still loads more to buy plus the cham. It sure aint a cheap hobby lol

The photo is the male, he will eat about ten locusts a day and they will live for about a week, Try and get them.from a reputable source and they will be fresh and live longer, i get 4 tubs for £9
God 10 a day is a lot lol. An urs is still young right? How many locusts in each tub

You get around 20 in a tub but I have 2 chams to feed, he Is a miserable little git at the moment but I've only had him a month so haven't tried to handle him much until I feel he is settled and comfortable in his surroundings, I got my viv new, three plants, three branches, uv light( a must have and the bulb must be changed every 6 months) a basking lamp and shade ( another must have) two stick on thermometers and a hygrometer, the chippings, a hand spacer, reptisafe and calcium dust for £ 300, you need to create a higher temperature at the top of the viv under the basking lamp so they can sit on a branch and sun themselves which helps aid digestion and a cooler area at the bottom so they can escape the heat, remember they are arborial so spend their lives high up in trees and shouldn't be seen at the bottom of the viv on the floor, that's why chameleon viv's are taller than standard ones, basking lamp needs to be at least 6 inches away from.the branch so they don't cook, if you are local to me I'm.happy to pop round and help set it up (as best as I know how) but your chosen breeder should be giving you this info anyway, have yours hatched yet or are they waiting?

Theyve hatched (yay) from what youve read do you think they suffer a lot of illness? A pet shop owner told me they were relatively easy to keep. Reading up an researching im tending to think otherwise lol

So u only give the vitamin once a week but u give the calcium every day? Is that right?
No.
Calcium without D3 every feeding
Vitamin every two weeks.
Calcium with D3 every two weeks.

So this Saturday, I dust with the Vitamin. Next Saturday I dust with Calcium with D3. Then the following Saturday I will dust with Vitamin, etc....

I give calcium daily and a multivitamin with d3 twice weekly in place of the calcium, once they are about a year old I will cut the vitamins and d3 down to once a fortnight, as for illness I don't.think they suffer any more than other reptiles but unlike others they need to be looked after better, if you forget to feed your bearded dragon or get something wrong they are a lot more forgiving than a chameleon will be, also stress can affect a chams health, if you want to go on holiday you need someone who doesn't mind handling locusts to pop in every other day or board them somewhere, metabolic bone disease is also something you should read up on before you get yours

I give calcium daily and a multivitamin with d3 twice weekly in place of the calcium, once they are about a year old I will cut the vitamins and d3 down to once a fortnight, as for illness I don't.think they suffer any more than other reptiles but unlike others they need to be looked after better, if you forget to feed your bearded dragon or get something wrong they are a lot more forgiving than a chameleon will be, also stress can affect a chams health, if you want to go on holiday you need someone who doesn't mind handling locusts to pop in every other day or board them somewhere, metabolic bone disease is also something you should read up on before you get yours
She said that she was getting a panther chameleon, not a bearded dragon. This site recommends using anything with D3 only twice monthly, not twice weekly, for panthers.

Back
Top Bottom