Humidity

swick

Hi. I had to take one of my cams plants out today because I noticed water sitting on top of the rocks over the soil, it happened to be sitting where the mister water tends to drip off of the vines. What should the humidity be for a panther chameleon? His humidity reader us usually between 50 and 70. Thanks.

Sarah
1 Nosy Be

Ideally it should spike to 70 several times a day. My mister goes off four times a day. Can you empty the dish your plant sits in? I have mine in a pot with a false bottom that I can empty.:) It's not good to have stagnant water in there. Glad you found it.

Thanks. His plants were all at one time my house plants, so thy are in the "pretty pots" but I am going to repot them all back into the kind from the nursery with the open bottom drainage. I have an automatic mister, which is set to spray 30 seconds every 3 hours, every evening when I check/refill the reservoir it is down about 1/2-3/4 cup of water. He is still in his juvenile cage, but his big boy cage has been ordered, and should be here this week.
Sarah
Nosy Be

Back
Top Bottom