Humidity won't stay up!!! HELP

Veiledtsgnm

I most my cage 3 times everyday and I have a drip system but my humidity only stays at 60 percent for like 30 minutes then goes back down to 10 percent... Can anyone give me a cost effective way to keep the humidity up in the cage?

I most my cage 3 times everyday and I have a drip system but my humidity only stays at 60 percent for like 30 minutes then goes back down to 10 percent... Can anyone give me a cost effective way to keep the humidity up in the cage?

Live plants will help. What are you measuring humidity with and where in the viv are you measuring? Also what kind of viv do you have?:)

I'm using a regular hygrometer/thermometer and she's in a glass tank with a screen top... I have coconut fiber in there too... An I have a live plant in there

Is that a dial type or one with a probe? What type of Cham do you have as some need more humidity than others?:)

I've just read your other thread and it looks like you have a veiled. You want to aim for around 80%. It doesn't have to stay there. It needs to peak and fall between misting. I would increase the number of times you mist and perhaps mist for longer. Your viv needs to dry out between misting. We don't recommend substrate because of possible impaction. It can also stay moist and encourage bacterial and fungal growth. Welcome to the forum. Keep asking lots of questions and we love to see pics.::eek:

I find full screen cages have more stable humidity. Live plants will help. I would remove the coco fibre though as she will eat it and it can cause problems.

The humidity needs to peak an not constantly be high. Asking as she is hydrated well then I wouldn't be too concerned about humidity.

I know which ones you mean unfortunately they are not very accurate. The ones with a probe are more accurate.

Ok thanks I will try everything I can and I just went and bought some screen today to make a screen cage so hopefully it will all work out.... This question is non related but I notice you are a senior member and I'm new to the site... Why won't my profile allow me to reply to other people's questions/threads? Please help because I do have some answers for others and I also want to reply to a classified ad as well...

Back
Top Bottom