Humidity Too High in Glass Terrarium

Hi all!

So I have a terrarium that has all glass sides (and bottom) with a screen top (Link). I have found that when I mist it for even just a minute, the humidity skyrockets and stays high. Sometimes my hygrometer will almost reach 100%, and won't drop back below 70% for hours (ideal range during the day is 30-50%, right?). I've tried leaving the front doors of the tank open to allow for air flow and evaporation, but then the temperature will drop to below 70F during the day, which I also don't want. I know that she can handle lower temps since I drop them at night, but it seems wrong to allow during the day.

I will be switching to a larger, all screen enclosure in a few weeks, but I still want her to be comfortable in the glass terrarium for now. Any tips for keeping a good humidity level without reducing the temperature?

Thanks everyone!
*ps. my husbandry form/review with pictures is in my other posts if that would be helpful to anyone

You might consider to ass small computer fan on the top of your enclosure, that way you will have a good air flow and the air will get more dry

But! dont take your hygrometer to seriously.. because if you spray the hygrometer he will be wet and record 100% for several hours then in 3-6 month the value in your hygrometer will turn realllly inacurate (my experience after i ruined all my hygrometer ;)

have any picture of your enclosure?

(nothing wrong with 70 if she have a heating spot ;) (what is she btw?

Increase airflow, i have seen people use pc fans to help reduce humidity usually 2 one blowing in and one pulling out.

+1 to a muffin fan, temporarily. An all-screen enclosure will likely have the exact opposite problem—too dry and can't get the humidity up.

Manufacturers and keepers are moving toward hybrid enclosures, with solid walls & doors, and a screen top and panel beneath the door. With a basking lamp, this will create a natural gentle chimney effect that will provide adequate ventilation, but controllable humidity (with a mister).
https://www.zenhabitats.com/collect...osures/products/2x2x4-pvc-reptile-enclosure-1

Try to set up a dripper instead of misting. (I'm assuming you are misting during the day so the cham can drink.)
Misting in and of itself will drop the temp in the enclosure.

Can't count how many times I've read through dozens of posts in a thread only to realize someone has added on to the end of the thread and I wasted my time.

Back
Top Bottom