Humidity question..

vgaines

I live in Houston Texas and it is too hot here to not have the AC on 24 hours a day. This results in really dry air in my entire apartment. When I build Rebels Big Boy enclosure this summer should I make two or three sides out of plexi or would it be better to do a full mesh cage and run a humidifier during the day. At this time I have a shower curtain around three sides and two hibiscus braided trees. Still having problems with keeping humidity levels high.

Any and all suggestions are truly appreciated. :)

Have you considered setting up an freshwater aquarium tank? Set one up without a top cover.

You will need to top up often. The evaporation will provide quite a bit of the much needed humidity.

A proper filter and air pump will churn the water to assist with this.

Just a small tank with plants or fishes that do not jump like a betta perhaps- : ).

It can became a nice little feature in the apartment.

Have you considered setting up an freshwater aquarium tank? Set one up without a top cover.

You will need to top up often. The evaporation will provide quite a bit of the much needed humidity.

A proper filter and air pump will churn the water to assist with this.

Just a small tank with plants or fishes that do not jump like a betta perhaps- : ).

It can became a nice little feature in the apartment.

Never thought about that. I have a 29g in my living room but mycham is in my bedroom. I love fish so a small tank may be a nice addition. Thanks for the suggestion..

Good idea with the tank. If you're still having problems even with the sides covered, I would do plexi on two sides and run a humidifier.

Back
Top Bottom