Humidity issues

Cutthbertt

Hi, I’m a new member but I have a Jackson’s chameleon (not sure the age the pet store didn’t tell me) I think she is an adolescent but not positive. Anyways, I am having trouble keeping the humidity up high enough. I have a dripping system that drips throughout the day, I mist the habitat daily, and I have a reptile humidifier in the habitat as well. With all of that, the humidity only gets up to about 40% at the top of the habitat. Any suggestions on what I could do to help?? I hope she doesn’t get dehydrated.

I don't go lower than 35% and aim for 40 to 50% during the day. At night I use a cool mist humidifier to try and get into the 80-90% range. It is piped directly into the top of the cage.
You can wrap up to 2 sides and the back to hold humidity if necessary. Live plants help also. It looks like you are in pretty good shape for the day time.
You may not need to have your basking light on all day if it's taking your temps above 78 for a juvenile or 82 F for an adult. I have mine on an intermittent schedule based on my house hold temps.

Thank you guys!! I have a dracaena plant in the cage. My humidity is around 40% during the day and the same during the night. Any suggestions on what cool mist humidifier i should get?

Back
Top Bottom