Humidity Issue

Lindz

I have an Exo-terra cage that houses my little flapneck chameleon. I noticed that I'm having an issue with keeping the humidity levels up in the tank. I mist frequently so that it stays up. It's getting to a solid 90 degrees in his tank and the substrate is coconut husk. I know that the lights will make the humidity go away so I was wondering if putting a live plant in his cage would help keep the humidity. I will also be getting a the Zoomed Habba Mist within a week which will help. He's eating fine as far as I can tell. I'm just worried about the humidity. Thanks in advance!

hey

live plants will help you keep it up. u can also try putting moss. let me know if it worked. your temperatures might be a little too high:)

If you want you can cover half the cage in seram wrap and its cheap and that will make it more humid but plants are great for humidity as well.

If you want you can cover half the cage in seram wrap and its cheap and that will make it more humid but plants are great for humidity as well.

I have it covered right now and it hasn't helped. I also tried foil and nothing with that either.

what about a humidifier in the room?. I have never had to use one as I live in Florida, but I have heard other people say that they help.

I'm in Missouri so the air is very dry, we have a humidifier for the house though but it doesn't seem to do much. I'll see if the small one for a single room will help. I might try that tonight. Thanks for the idea :)

humidity

I have a humidity issue to. I ran some tubing from my humidifier into the cage then I mist it down about 3-5 x a day. I get it to about 85 to 90, but it decreases the temperture. So I added a stronger bulb, and a water bowl for more humidity. It seems to do the job when it's wet, the only problem is that, when it starts to dry up in the tank. the humidity goes to 50. If I turn the humidifier off, then humidity goes down to 10. I'm not sure if leaving the humidifier on long hours will harm my panther chameleon, but it's not good If the humidity decreases either. What should I do?

I live in Moorhead, MN and have humidity problems also so i got a ultrasonic humidifier that blows out "visible" mist and have is blowing into the cage humidity never goes below 60 if i keep it on! It also drips water where it goes into the cage so acts as a dripper also! I turn it on med high to high most of the day and then low for the night time. If i have it off for more than 10 - 20 min it will go below 10!
Also a Vicks humidifier wich you can get at Wallgreens for around $15 i think works good to be you will have to fill it more than once a day.

live plants will help you keep it up. u can also try putting moss. let me know if it worked. your temperatures might be a little too high:)

Moss promotes Bacterial growth in the cage.

a Live plant will do the trick, along with spraying the cage down with warm water. If your still having problems, try using shower curtain instead of kitchen wrap, to line the outside of three walls of the cage, leaving the top and front sides open for air to flow through, with the lights on top of the cage, convection currents of air should still flow through the cage.

Back
Top Bottom