Humidity drops fast

ronstafari

For some strange reason the humidity drops to within 30 minutes to an hour from 70-80% to 30-40%. I have three live plant and two sides covered with shower curtain. Not two mention the repti fogger. I'm misting four times a day and the ambient temp stays at 70-78 and basking temp is 85. Any advice I just bought some pothos but haven't put it my panthers cage.

For some strange reason the humidity drops to within 30 minutes to an hour from 70-80% to 30-40%. I have three live plant and two sides covered with shower curtain. Not two mention the repti fogger. I'm misting four times a day and the ambient temp stays at 70-78 and basking temp is 85. Any advice I just bought some pothos but haven't put it my panthers cage.

I'm a bit confused...you have 3 live plants IN the cage now or are these the pothos you haven't put in the cage yet?

What's the humidity level in the room. You live in a very dry climate so chances are it's very low all around the cage especially if you also use forced air heating in winter. I'd suggest more shower curtain panels on the cage first of all. As long as you aren't creating a sealed in plastic box you will have some air flow every time you open the door to spray or cycle the fogger. Two sides just may not slow down the evaporation rate enough. Do your live plants really fill the cage space? The more live foliage the more surface area to hold water droplets longer.

The plants in there now is an umbrella plant and two zebra plants. So no its not full as it could be. I live in Redding,CA so it's quite dry here. I'm from Dallas where it's very humid. But some days it's fine and other days it's not. i"ll try covering the other side and put the pothos in there as well.

How warm does the room get when it's hot outside? Heat speeds up evaporation. The breeze is also dry and will dry out your cage indoors. Do you use an AC on hot days? It will really dry out the cage too.

Back
Top Bottom