Humidity at 70%

lthrbecks

Established Member
I've got a juvenile chameleon and the temperature is spot on around 25°C. I've noticed the humidity is around 70%. I know it's the same for my red eyed tree frogs, also perfect.

On reading up, it's saying the cam humidity, should be 50%! I've a glass vivarium 45x45x60 wire mesh roof.

Is this going to be detrimental to Hammys health. If so, how can I lower the humidity. I've noticed his water bowl water, gets quite low in 24hrs or less.

I very rarely use the basking heat lamp as I've a background heat mat on a thermostat at all times.

PS why does America still deal in Fahrenheit ?

You are fine. it would be "nice" if it was 50% in the day and 100% at night.

Since its all glass, you may want to rig up a way to provide air circulation so Hammy has fresh air. I find the easiest ways is with a pc fan and a plastic/cardboard tube that releases air at the bottom of the cage so it exhausts out the top.

And id get rid of the standing water. Chams dont "drink" and the bowl will just get mold etc.

Yemen veiled. The spot is 100w and it can attain temps up to 30°C. It's mid 20s when switched off

Yemen veiled. The spot is 100w and it can attain temps up to 30°C. It's mid 20s when switched off
Yeah ditch the bowl. barely any humidity comes from it as well. for veileds 30-50% is fine. You might want to raise the basking spot a teensy bit but its up to you I keep my female 26-29 varies with room temp

Back
Top Bottom