Humidity and misters

That is a lot of sticks. I might need to add more or just get bigger plants to fill my empty spots and give him more verticle areas.
They use as much horizontal space as vertical it might seem like a lot but it won't when you get a 2x2x4 and want to make the most of the space you have
20201126_200219.jpg

That is a lot of sticks. I might need to add more or just get bigger plants to fill my empty spots and give him more verticle areas.
If you look at it from a different prospective plants will take time to grow in. And still need structure and stability. If you look at your enclosure. Your cham can either go forward or back. My enclosure my cham has options up to the left right straight up across to the left right and so on =mental stimulation if that makes sense

They use as much horizontal space as vertical it might seem like a lot but it won't when you get a 2x2x4 and want to make the most of the space you haveView attachment 284373

You have a really nice setup. It looks like you have about the same kind of drainage hole as i have. Did you seal around the edge of the PVC where the screen and PVC come together? I put a glob of silicone in the corners under the PVC so that it raises the corners some and I have the large river rocks around the drain hole to help with the water flow toward the drain instead of puddling. Also, with your plants. Did you repot them in reti-soil or similar or did you just wash the leaves and keep the soil it came in?

If you look at it from a different prospective plants will take time to grow in. And still need structure and stability. If you look at your enclosure. Your cham can either go forward or back. My enclosure my cham has options up to the left right straight up across to the left right and so on =mental stimulation if that makes sense

That makes perfect sense. Luckily I have a lot of safe trees behind my house that I can cut branches from and incorporate as many as I can fit and fill in there for him.

Thank you we are all on a learning curve no matter what level there's always something to learn.
20201113_164340.jpg
this is my drain tray . I have got my plants from different places. 1 reptile supplies where they have been potted safely. 2 nurseries for larger plants ficus and my dracena. Leaves washed down then I took the plant out of the pot washed all the soil away and trimmed the roots and repotted in peat free organic soil. The bromeliads are good airplants for the sides and come in small pots and dont need large pots or repotted

I had a similar issue with maintaining humidity with my cham's enclosure as well. My house is suuuper dry during the winter and it was such a struggle at first. It looks like you've done the basics: shower curtain and a mister. I know you touched on this, but the more live plants you have, and the more coverage, the better. You mentioned that you're waiting for the plants to grow bigger: you could always get some dragon ledges (or build something similar) to mount the plants at different heights within the enclosure. You could also consider getting a humidifier/fogger for your cham's enclosure as well, although some people debate their necessity. I found it particularly helpful to boost humidity at night. I should note that it's important not to keep the humidity too high during the day because that runs the risk of causing a respiratory infection.

I had a similar issue with maintaining humidity with my cham's enclosure as well. My house is suuuper dry during the winter and it was such a struggle at first. It looks like you've done the basics: shower curtain and a mister. I know you touched on this, but the more live plants you have, and the more coverage, the better. You mentioned that you're waiting for the plants to grow bigger: you could always get some dragon ledges (or build something similar) to mount the plants at different heights within the enclosure. You could also consider getting a humidifier/fogger for your cham's enclosure as well, although some people debate their necessity. I found it particularly helpful to boost humidity at night. I should note that it's important not to keep the humidity too high during the day because that runs the risk of causing a respiratory infection.

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually went to my local garden center last night and bought a wonder jew, Golden Pothos, both for better vining, and Schefflera plants that I split into three pots for height. I'm going to get some more sticks prepped this weekend and then once my mister and dragon ledges get here ill take everything out of the enclosure and start from scratch putting it all in because loading it out with plants and sticks is going to be tricky when it comes to being able to clean the enclosure and ease of removal of plants if necessary.

They use as much horizontal space as vertical it might seem like a lot but it won't when you get a 2x2x4 and want to make the most of the space you haveView attachment 284373
Quick question, do you take all of your plants out when its time to clean the enclosure or d you just leave them in? Im trying to figure out a way to add more branches and load out with plants but it seems like the plants would be stuck in there after adding the branches.

I have only ever spray rinsed my drain tray down my girl is pretty good she always goes down and does her business in her lay bin. At least your thinking about how to get your plants out before you put them in I thought about it after I put them 🤣🤣🤣

I have only ever spray rinsed my drain tray down my girl is pretty good she always goes down and does her business in her lay bin. At least your thinking about how to get your plants out before you put them in I thought about it after I put them 🤣🤣🤣

You potty trained your Cham? How did you do that? Mine has his area that he goes to but its in the top and it falls to the bottom. Maybe after I add more branches and plants he will go down and do the same since a read that if you rearrange stuff they find a new spot to go.

I would love to tell you a pile of bulls$%t lol but that that is always what she has done. Got this today to make life easier with some plants and there placement.
20201204_155349.jpg

So anyway 2 out of my 3 largest main plants on the bottom are middle to front placement The ficus on the right has nothing to imped fom being lifted straight out the dragon on the left only 1 branch has to be removed for it to come out.
20201204_164608.jpg
20201204_164545.jpg

So anyway 2 out of my 3 largest main plants on the bottom are middle to front placement The ficus on the right has nothing to imped fom being lifted straight out the dragon on the left only 1 branch has to be removed for it to come out. View attachment 284507View attachment 284508
Ah, it looks like it would take more to remove but angles can be deceiving. How are you keeping those hatched sticks on yhe right side connected to the screen? Are you using some on the outside of the cage?

I just made this like a garden trelis there are small holes drilled in it and tiny zip ties that go through the mesh without ripping it.
20201204_181404.jpg

The middle stick goes right down into a jasmine plant pot and is also zip tied to the jasmine support frame

Back
Top Bottom